Moving the Away Fans!!!

Unfortunately mcfc1894, this issue will always carry on no matter what the outcome of it all is. If things stay as it is now (likely) people will complain that "One End" wasn't ever given a chance, and if it was to change (unlikely) then people will complain about not having the "banter" any more.

Contrary to popular belief, I don't really care what happens. In 118 we all have a good laugh and cannot hear the away fans.

Just as a random observation; the atmosphere was fucking shite on Saturday. We had 3,000 Norwich fans between our two vocal areas, and we only wanted to sing when we were 3 up.

However, we had 7,000 behind a goal in Blackburn not too long ago. I don't remember any banter with their (non) fans, just gave a bit of "sacked in the morning" to Kean. Many have described it as the best away day in years.

Interestingly Sunderland are moving the away fans from behind the goal to another part of the stadium from next season. They claim it gives the away team a huge advantage and they now want to rectify this (i read this on the sunderland official site).

If the atmosphere is so bad why is a Norwich fan posting the following, <a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=241136&start=30#p5040656" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=241136&start=30#p5040656</a> I'm in 110 and its usually ok in there, the rest of the ground wants to get its finger out of its arse and join in.

I used to have my seasoncard in the third tier and couldn't have felt less part of the game, could have been sat on the moon. Now sit on Level 1 and feel right in the mix. It was the same at Old Trafford for the League Cup semi in that second tier behind the goal, could have been on mars and felt more part of the game.

For me though the away fans need shuftying along to 116-118 and move our South Stand lot to where the away fans are now so you can't see the away fans on television where it looks like thyeve brought 10thousand and we've got no vocal end at all.

Santiago Street . said:
Why's it so steep that it could cause injuries for away fans celebrating a goal ?

Do people who sit there now not celebrate goals ?

It seems to me that a couple of hundred spotty teenagers equate a good atmosphere with posturing at away fans. I'm not criticizing them cos we've all been there and done that when we were younger but a good atmosphere happens when the whole stadium is bouncing and singing songs - it's largely irrelevant where the away fans are or if they're there at all

Have there been many deaths at the Sport City Stadium? (Newcastle)

I said on the other thread that at both Liverpool and Arsenal where their fans were above us that they threw things down on to us.

I'm in East level 2 and I don't want away fans above me doing the same thing. Selfish of me I know ...

My season card has been for four different areas in the Etihad and by far and away the worst view was when my s/c was at the back of 117, added to the fact I was stood up for the majority of the game when I wanted to sit down.
I like my view from 306 and do not want to give it up for an away supporter to be relocated to an area with a poorer one.
I'm really fucking annoyed that I've had to be relocated for tomorrow's match
We're playing one of Europe's top club sides and I wanted to see the whole of the match from an excellent viewing position, which has now been denied to me, even though I'm in the Cup Scheme, which was supposed to guarantee my seat.

Part of the fun of the occasion is the interaction with the away fans. For European games a major part of the night's entertainment has actually been watching the away fans themselves.

Put them in the third tier and you lose all of that.

I wouldn't mind so much if the South Stand itself became a cauldron of noise but it's not likely. This is England. At most English games you can hear a bloke twenty seats away break wind.

I don't want us to become like St. James Park where the whole atmosphere is spoiled because the away fans are locked upstairs somewhere they can't be heard.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
ban-mcfc said:
mcfc1894 said:
Interesting how since City moved to Eastlands, the vast majority of goals have come in the North Stand.
It would be good if anyone can come up with the stats that say how many goals City have scored and conceeded in both ends at Eastlands.
This season, the three goals we have conceeded have ALL been in the South Stand.... coincidence???? Or just luck???

City tend to score far more goals in the second half. This is a result of wearing down the opposition as in the Norwich match.

The goals conceded have all been down to lapses in concentration when in command in the second half.

Most teams opt to attack the goal with their supporters behind in the second half. Hence City will be attacking the North in the second half and the visitors will attack the South in the second half, regardless of who wins the toss.

It is no coincidence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.