Moving the Away Fans!!!

Santiago Street . said:
mcfc1894 said:
Santiago Street . said:
Why's it so steep that it could cause injuries for away fans celebrating a goal ?

Do people who sit there now not celebrate goals ?

It seems to me that a couple of hundred spotty teenagers equate a good atmosphere with posturing at away fans. I'm not criticizing them cos we've all been there and done that when we were younger but a good atmosphere happens when the whole stadium is bouncing and singing songs - it's largely irrelevant where the away fans are or if they're there at all

cos away fans celebrate goals like nutters like we do at away games and in the lowere tiers cos its safe to do so. up in the gods you jump up clap but don't jump around like in a mosh pit which is what happens on most aways

so whats your point? why doesn't the whole stadium sing? we sing our hearts out week in week out yet it only gets too about 109. if the rest joined in like you say we wouldn't have a problem, would we?

My point is that having away fans next to our singing section makes no difference to the overall atmosphere in the ground yet on a psychological level it benefits the away team to have an area of the ground full of friendly faces at pitch level, a benefit they wouldn't have if their fans were 300 yards away in level 3

Correct, like playing with one hand tied behind your back. The fact that we have done so well is despite this disadvantage not because of it.

i sit in 121, and i personally love the cup games where the away fans get the whole end :) love the atmosphere! the south stand tend to just merge in with 119-121 and 109/10, i dont see whats wrong with the way it is!

the only suggestion i'd make would be to maybe give away fans the upstairs behind the goal? i went to bolton away a few years ago and that was what they gave us.. sorta killed the atmosphere abit having a couple of thousand home fans between us and the pitch, made the bolton fans seem half decent!

in the forthcoming game against utd in the fa cup we are gona have 9000 utd fans behind the goal at the south stand end and a creche behind the other goal fuck the away fans off to level 3,no excuses about security,facilities,people having to move no problem anywhere else lets have more of an advantage by dismissing away support and making it harder for the visiting team,

musters said:
in the forthcoming game against utd in the fa cup we are gona have 9000 utd fans behind the goal at the south stand end and a creche behind the other goal fuck the away fans off to level 3,no excuses about security,facilities,people having to move no problem anywhere else lets have more of an advantage by dismissing away support and making it harder for the visiting team,

Spot on

musters said:

What about the City fans who enjoy watching the game from level 3?

Cheesy said:
musters said:

What about the City fans who enjoy watching the game from level 3?

The answer to that one is simple. The Operation One Enders don't care. They're only interested in moving the Away Fans from their stand.
No interest whatsoever in the impact that it would have on Fellow Blues.

What bugs me is that when us EL3 Fans argue our case we are accused of being selfish. Pot, Kettle, Black etc.

The problem is the way in which the stadium is designed. We have always had an issue with Away Fan allocation for Cup Games. Moving a full Away allocation into EL3 wouldn't work at all due to the spiral access & exits and until we have an extension redevelopment nothing will change in that respect.

Having a Family Stand taking up an entire end of the ground hasn't helped either, as it restrict the options for moving fans around for games like this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.