moyes for city tin hat ready

Flixton is blue said:
Damocles said:
Fucking mint point that.

Moyes has taken Everton to the UEFA Cup quarters and the CL Qualifiers in 8 years.
In the same time, our own Roberto has taken his clubs to several Cup wins, three titles, and a couple of CL quarters.

I'll stick with what we have thanks.
He has'nt had unlimited resources though!

Yeah, that three bob he spent at Inter went a long way. I even heard he had change for crisps.

NO NO FUCKING NO!!! He is in the same category as Hughes/Allardyce/Megson.Works well with fuck all,but give them money,clueless.Surely we don't want to follow a team that fouls,then collapses when anybody goes near them.He's better off going to the scum.They've got fuck all.

OK - let's bury this myth that they've spent fuck-all.

Since 2004, they've spent just over £102m. They've raised £79m of that from player sales, mainly from Rooney, Lescott & Andy Johnson. So that's a net spend of £23m, which is £50m more than Arsenal have spent and only £9m less than the rags in the same period.

If you take out the £250m we've spent in the last 2 seasons, their net spend from 2004 - 2008 was £45m more than ours.

Edit: In fact they've spent about the same as Fulham, Stoke & Birmingham, who are just behind them in the table. So Moyes is no better than Hodgson, Pulis or McLeish. In fact, he's had longer in the Premier League than all of those.

Damocles said:
Moyes has took a top 8 club consistently to the top eight.

Not exactly Ferguson is he? He took Aberdeen to European glory.

People need to shut the fuck up about this average guy and stop comparing him to the greatest manager ever, because he happens to have a Scottish accent as well.

Maybe we can get Billy Connolly as our next man? I mean he's won as much as Moyes and has a Scottish accent, so he MUST be good, surely?

You'll be delighted to hear that I won't log on again until just before we are going to play you next season but...

Moyes immediate predecessor (sp), Walter Smith, never got us a top half finish. In fact, he was fired for fear of relegation. God - my low point was a 3-0 home defeat against Ipswich while he was in charge.

Moyes then got 7th the following season, which was followed up by an end of season DVD called 'The Magnificent 7th'. Funny how times change isn't it - that was an Hell of an achievement back then.

Before Wally we had Howard Kendall Part III - survived on the last day of the season. In fact, in the 90s, we finished in the top 8 only once and that was Royle's season after the FA Cup win when we signed Kanchelskis.

So "has took a top 8 club consistently to the top eight" is so far off the mark it's like a Thomasz Radzinski finish. Moyes however has achieved stability that we had not experienced for many years prior to his appointment.

-- Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:01 pm --

Blue Coop said:
Hughes got sacked and was 10 points above Everton.

Says it all.

I think it says that Everton had an horrendous start to the season with injuries. Not many other clubs could handle missing their best defender, midfielder and second best forward missing until February.

I don't think it paints a true reflection at all.<br /><br />-- Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:02 pm --<br /><br />
lee-mcfc said:
Freestyler said:
If we would of smashed Everton wednesday this thread would not of been created.
great point lad.

its getting cringeworthy now all these everton topics

That's a fair point. Disappointing result for us today - hope you go on and take 4th and not our manager ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.