Mr Bates vs the Post Office

Was expecting the end being they all got paid out and lived happily ever after. Can't believe it's still dragging on.

Not to divert the thread, but the government still hasn't paid out money to victims of infected blood products in the 1970s onwards. Unfortunately they have a habit of kicking the can down the road until they run out of road.

Let's hope that's soon for both scandals. As there are far too many examples where compensation could never grant any relief to the victims.

It wasn’t “appropriate action”
I think it was appropriate action, IF ( and it is a big IF) someone was stealing. In these cases it would appear that very early on it was found that they were not stealing but those who could make the changed decided that overnight almost all sub postmasters had become thieves.

I think it was appropriate action, IF ( and it is a big IF) someone was stealing. In these cases it would appear that very early on it was found that they were not stealing but those who could make the changed decided that overnight almost all sub postmasters had become thieves.
So it wasn’t appropriate action because the people were NOT stealing

So it wasn’t appropriate action because the people were NOT stealing
With the evidence given by the Post Office at the time of the trial they were found guilty of stealing. It turned out later that the evidence against was not truthful hence the miscarriage of justice.
I think we are in full agreement that these people are all innocent and the Post Office (us) behaved terribly.

With the evidence given by the Post Office at the time of the trial they were found guilty of stealing. It turned out later that the evidence against was not truthful hence the miscarriage of justice.
I think we are in full agreement that these people are all innocent and the Post Office (us) behaved terribly.
It wasn’t “appropriate action”

I think itv should be congratulated for producing a magnificent series about such a sad and despicable story. Really well produced and compelling viewing. It would be nice to see Paula Vennells get what she deserves, and that’s certainly not a CBE. An organisation clearly rots from the top

Over 700 sub postmasters prosecuted, several hundred more hounded out of their livelihoods. Did not one senior manager at the post office sense something wasn’t right? Not one person? This must be the biggest corporate cover up in British history. As a start I’d like to see Paula Vessells locked up for impersonation of an ordained priest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.