Mr Bates vs the Post Office

I'm sure Ms Vennels has spent the last couple of months either begging for easy questions or rehearsing her answers (or excuses) for the tricky issues they might raise. The recent disclosure of various recordings might have her scrambling around for a new solicitor.
It's a friendly cell mate she should be hoping for

This upcoming session should reveal a large number of candidates for prosecution. Be good to see some of the heartless bastards who were sending people to prison to see how they like it, I particularly look forward to seeing how the various lawyers answer questions about disclosure.

This upcoming session should reveal a large number of candidates for prosecution. Be good to see some of the heartless bastards who were sending people to prison to see how they like it, I particularly look forward to seeing how the various lawyers answer questions about disclosure.
I disagree. Your post is why I get so pee'd off with all this.
To get a prosecution the police will have to interview everyone. Then they will have to submit a file to the CPS who may decide there is sufficient evidence to put them before a court.
This current charade merely delays any court case.
IMO all of the above would take 3 years after all this is finished. By then some will rule its not in the public interest due to the time that has elapsed.

Counsel complains about the PO late delivery of documents again.
Inquiry head takes a dim view but says they're just going to get on with it and maybe they'll have to work on the non-sitting days.

And now, for Mr Bates...

I disagree. Your post is why I get so pee'd off with all this.
To get a prosecution the police will have to interview everyone. Then they will have to submit a file to the CPS who may decide there is sufficient evidence to put them before a court.
This current charade merely delays any court case.
IMO all of the above would take 3 years after all this is finished. By then some will rule its not in the public interest due to the time that has elapsed.

A bit cruel, but secondly very true.

A bit cruel, but secondly very true.
Depends, I’m hoping that there will be sufficient of a public / media outcry that the politicians will have to intervene and put pressure on for prosecutions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.