Mr Bates vs the Post Office

Crying because she is being asked questions about things she has actually done. Probably part of her strategy is to blub.

Cry some more, woman!

I think I'll save my sympathy for the many hundreds of sub-postmasters who went through much worse interrogations and either had their life-savings stolen by their employer, or were bankrupted or were jailed (or possibly all three) for something they didn't actually do.

This was done by the very organisation that this dreadful Vennals creature was paid a fortune to run.

Crying because she is being asked questions about things she has actually done. Probably part of her strategy is to blub.

Cry some more, woman!

I think I'll save my sympathy for the many hundreds of sub-postmasters who went through much worse interrogations and either had their life-savings stolen by their employer, or were bankrupted or were jailed (or possibly all three) for something they didn't actually do.

This was done by the very organisation that this dreadful Vennals creature was paid a fortune to run.
They weren't Employees. They were under contract by POL to operate a sub post office.

They won't. After the Herald disaster the company were fined but nobody was jailed as far as I can remember. Although the ships were painted in Townsend Thoreson colours they were then owned by P&O.
Correct,I was working for a P&O group company and they had recently bought Townsend Thorsesen just a few weeks before this disaster if I remember correctly.

Correct,I was working for a P&O group company and they had recently bought Townsend Thorsesen just a few weeks before this disaster if I remember correctly.

Yes it suited them that the ship hadn't been repainted and it was still known as Townsend Thoreson.

Cry some more, woman!

AMEN!
I simply cannot and never want to imagine what those sub-postmasters went through.
To have been cautioned, interrogated and having their lives turned upside down....all the time knowing that they had done nothing wrong, that this was some sort of Kafka-esque scene that would end when soeone came to their senses....whereas Vennels knew exactly what she was doing.
The tears are bad enough but those fake apologies really are stooping to new depths

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.