Mr Cook

mcfc_die_hard said:
Cheltblue said:
I do like him and think overall he is an assett to the club.

But i do wish he'd keep his gob shut when his size 11 is hovering in the general direction of said gob.
I know he likes to appease as many as possible but his statement to the US blues on ssn this morning has every chance of coming back and biting him on the arse, and making us look like dicks in the process.

Sometimes, Garry, or Gary, just engage and think before you speak.

Sorry if already posted. Cant see it anywhere tho.

FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give the fuckin man a break please!

So what if he come out and said what he said?? Thats what i want to here from cook. I dont want some knob saying that i think we might win the prem one day we never know because thats what hughes's mentality was. I didnt see anyone having a go at mancini when he said he wanted to win the prem. He's saying what he feels and it will be true one day.

Get off his back and grow up.

Have your say but don't tell him to "grow up" like he's some naughty child.

For what it's worth his posts amd arguments come across a lot more adult than yours, actually.

Didsbury Dave said:
mcfc_die_hard said:

So what if he come out and said what he said?? Thats what i want to here from cook. I dont want some knob saying that i think we might win the prem one day we never know because thats what hughes's mentality was. I didnt see anyone having a go at mancini when he said he wanted to win the prem. He's saying what he feels and it will be true one day.

Have your say but don't tell him to "grow up" like he's some naughty child.

For what it's worth his posts amd arguments come across a lot more adult than yours, actually.

go on big time whats childish about my posts then

Tree said:
It reminded me of this..

Great PR again Mr Cook. You're a legend..

[/url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZeWFPb64S0[/url]

Afternoon Woody...!! :)

mcfc_die_hard said:
Cheltblue said:
I do like him and think overall he is an assett to the club.

But i do wish he'd keep his gob shut when his size 11 is hovering in the general direction of said gob.
I know he likes to appease as many as possible but his statement to the US blues on ssn this morning has every chance of coming back and biting him on the arse, and making us look like dicks in the process.

Sometimes, Garry, or Gary, just engage and think before you speak.

Sorry if already posted. Cant see it anywhere tho.

I have no problem with our manager bigging us up. It's down to him as to the success of the team.

But "suits" trying to attain reflected glory by pretending thet it's all down to them whether we win the league or not... then do me a fucking favour! It all smacks of the Swales mentality, when he started to believe that he was the determining factor in the success of the club... when all he did was make us look like a joke.

Let the manager get on with his job. And let Cook get on with his... which is to make Manchester City a "brand" that means something in the world of football... not to become a laughing stock as he bumbles his way through another press conference.

How's about dignity, and humility as by-words for City? Just a thought.

I was there last night and it was a great evening. Don't listen to all this paper crap that is going around today re:Cookie. He was a top chap and was just "bantering" with a small group of fans. I fear some people need to lighten up - ANYTHING he says will now be torn to shreds in the media, so it's advisable to take all reports with a pinch of salt.

I'd never actually been to the Mad Hatter before, but I certainly will in the future as the NYC Supporters Club did a great job of kitting the bar out in City colours. I can tell you, it was great to see so many City fans in the Big Apple!

Garry was due to arrive at 9pm, but rocked on in at around 9.45pm. The 30 or so City fans cheered his name and did some club chants, whilst some stupid woman in the background insisted on singing Yoonited songs. Anyway, the mood was good and I had a nice 5 minute chat with him all about City etc. Won't go into everything we chatted about, but our beloved blues will be embarking on a Summer tour of the states! As an exiled blue, I can't bloody wait for this!

With regard to Cook's supposed "arrogance," he was merely talking to a bunch of fans, after a couple of beers, and telling them what they wanted to hear - it certainly didn't feel arrogant or out of line when we were there. He was extremely affable, spoke to nearly every fan individually and has a great sense of humour and knowledge of what the club is all about. He also noted that it was "typical city" that he club plaque that was due to be presented was actually stuck at customs. They had to make do with a last minute replacement plaque that they'd bought in NYC!

What I will say, is that I was very surprised to see footage of the night up on skysports.com this morning! I was under the impression that the camera crew were from MCFC.com, but evidently I was wrong!

I've attached some pics of the evening below;

http://img50.yfrog.com/img50/107/dsc0019l.jpg
http://img160.yfrog.com/img160/867/dsc0046q.jpg
http://img160.yfrog.com/img160/333/dsc0014d.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.