Mr Cook

samharris said:
With the finances and resources that we have..Mr cook is spot on..

It is written.

agreed.. so when they get the final piece of the jigsaw and bring in their own, and a good chief exec in, we'll be laughing.

Sam. A paper round is hardly self employment..

Lighten up all you anti-Cook people. The video has so obviously been edited you cannot be certain if everything he says in it is in the context it was originally meant to be.
But even if he had says those things in an arrogant way, so what? He's putting the name 'Manchester City' on everybody's lips - selling the brand.

I agree that sometimes in the past he has acted like a complete twat, but I don't believe that this is one of them.

Tree said:
samharris said:
With the finances and resources that we have..Mr cook is spot on..

It is written.

agreed.. so when they get the final piece of the jigsaw and bring in their own, and a good chief exec in, we'll be laughing.

Sam. A paper round is hardly self employment..

Depends how small the paper is .....and what's in it..:)

He can't win really. If he says something positive it's seen as arrogant if he says something negative then people blast him for a lack of ambition.

I just hope GC keeps on keepin' on and ignores the haters.

He needs to learn to tell people 'don't hate the player hate the game'. If he really wants me to like him more then he should add the word 'woman' to the end of that statement.

mcfc_die_hard said:
Cheltblue said:
I do like him and think overall he is an assett to the club.

But i do wish he'd keep his gob shut when his size 11 is hovering in the general direction of said gob.
I know he likes to appease as many as possible but his statement to the US blues on ssn this morning has every chance of coming back and biting him on the arse, and making us look like dicks in the process.

Sometimes, Garry, or Gary, just engage and think before you speak.

Sorry if already posted. Cant see it anywhere tho.

FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give the fuckin man a break please!

So what if he come out and said what he said?? Thats what i want to here from cook. I dont want some knob saying that i think we might win the prem one day we never know because thats what hughes's mentality was. I didnt see anyone having a go at mancini when he said he wanted to win the prem. He's saying what he feels and it will be true one day.

Get off his back and grow up.

Correct. Mancini siad he 'wants' to win the prem. Thats because he has class and as a representative of the club, he does not want to appear arrogant or set the club up for another huge piss-take. Cook, however, on this occassion, did not.

But with the tone of your post i doubt you care too much about the image of the club.

And another trying to tell me i am not grown up enough....bwahahahahaha

KentBlue said:
Lighten up all you anti-Cook people. The video has so obviously been edited you cannot be certain if everything he says in it is in the context it was originally meant to be.
But even if he had says those things in an arrogant way, so what? He's putting the name 'Manchester City' on everybody's lips - selling the brand.

I agree that sometimes in the past he has acted like a complete twat, but I don't believe that this is one of them.

The context has no bearing on what he said about Wednesday's match.

Cheltblue said:
mcfc_die_hard said:
FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give the fuckin man a break please!

So what if he come out and said what he said?? Thats what i want to here from cook. I dont want some knob saying that i think we might win the prem one day we never know because thats what hughes's mentality was. I didnt see anyone having a go at mancini when he said he wanted to win the prem. He's saying what he feels and it will be true one day.

Get off his back and grow up.

Correct. Mancini siad he 'wants' to win the prem. Thats because he has class and as a representative of the club, he does not want to appear arrogant or set the club up for another huge piss-take. Cook, however, on this occassion, did not.

But with the tone of your post i doubt you care too much about the image of the club.

haha have you heard yourself? i dont care about the image of the club do i not? so what do you want cook to say then that we arnt ever going to be as good as the madrids and barcelona's mo i want him to say we are going to be the biggest team that will ever walk the planet. I think that its you that needs to look at the clubs image because i for one dont want people looking at us and saying haha look at that Cook from city saying they aint gunna be a big team.

mcfc_die_hard said:
Cheltblue said:

haha have you heard yourself? i dont care about the image of the club do i not? so what do you want cook to say then that we arnt ever going to be as good as the madrids and barcelona's mo i want him to say we are going to be the biggest team that will ever walk the planet. I think that its you that needs to look at the clubs image because i for one dont want people looking at us and saying haha look at that Cook from city saying they aint gunna be a big team.

Your argument is totally nefarious to say he would be publicly critical of City because he never would.

mcfc_die_hard said:
Cheltblue said:

He's the CEO, he has a resposibility to convey humility and a professional image for City at every given opportunity. Not feed the footballing world more fuel with arrogance like 'when we get to wembley, not if, when we beat the rags again'. As someone else said, the fans are there for that, not the CEO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.