Mr Cook

Ricster said:
Cheltblue said:
Oooh, thats a whole different story mate. I honestly havent stopped feeling sick since the draw, and Wednesday night i was a mess. Obvioulsy the heart says 'fuckin right we will' but then the head says 'calm down calm down (in a scousey sort of way).

But im not the CEO and if i was i certainly wouldnt be setting the club up for another media City-slag-fest if i was.

The thing is, he isn't setting the club up. He's being positive and making sure everyone, and not just half our supporters are going to believe the same. He knows, I know, and you know that our fans need to be the difference maker on Wednesday night. The only way to get that is to be positive and have the fans believe, we have to believe.

This is a new City he is trying to be part of, he has said before we are trying to lose the typical City tag and what other way to do it than to tell the world that City have now arrived.

Think positive, we win on Wednesday and Gary Cook's words then turn to inspiratinal and we're calling him to be knighted! Maybe not knighted but im sure someone will suggest it ;)

If we win Wednesday, then its fair to say we have arrived. But if we lose (which no matter how much positivity we put on it, its a possibilty) then not only is the proclamation of our arrival been a tad premature, but he will have written the media headlines for days to come. And yes of course we will get stick anyway, but we dont need our CEO being the major ammunition provider.

Can i just re-affirm here, that i am def not a cook hater, he has done some tremendous things for the club and i have no desire to see him gone......... but the arrogance of telling the world in a round about way that Wednesday is a formality is not one of them.

Like i posted before some people on here will never be happy. Anything to have a pop at the man, he puts so much into this club to make things work smoothly and people shoot him down at any oppertunity.

Would you rather he come out and said we will never be as good as united barca and madrid and we deffinately not get to wembley because we dont have a good enough team?

The man is being positive and even his own fans are shooting him down, would you be crying if khaldoon had said? no you wud be licking his arse its just because cook has got a bit of a rep from other fans that he is a clown (he isnt by the way) so you all jump on the bandwaggon just because you have no one else to be your bully boy

Get behind the man hes only doing whats best for the club. And all of you lot that think what he said today was wrong then obviously think that we can never be the best in the world so i think you need to have a look at your selfs not cook

Keep doing what your doing Mr. Cook :)

To be fair, if he had said this at any other time I wouldn't feel as strongly.

It's just that I am as nervous as hell, and don't want anything to tempt fate.

Maybe I am just superstitious. ;-)

The man is embarrassing, end of story. The fact that people advocate this sort of behaviour just shows how so many have lost sight of reality since we've become the Arabs play thing.

I am quite happy for Mister Cook to bring us out into a new era with fresh ideas and a new approach but the simple traits that I would want my club's CEO to have such as respect, professionalism and humility are not there and that makes me sick. I hate it.

I´ve heard it a couple of times now and I´m sure he says "we´ve beaten Man Utd yet again " using the perfect tense - if so he´s absofooklinlutely correct - if I,ve heard wrong I will gladly stand corrected

The Wembley thing I don't know about, but becoming the biggest club in the world when your owner has 12% of the oil reserves on the planet is pretty much inevitable. The time scale is the only thing in doubt. This stands to reason. Don't be listening to twatzoid reporters.

I've reached the conclusion that all football club chief execs at this level are cringeworthy dickheads. I mean who would we replace him with? Kenyon? Gill? Jesus.

has anyone seen a ce gobshite on telly prior to a big game
no is the answer he is a fool get rid leave footy to the footy people
it is more ammunition to the haters of which we had very few tilll he started fucking up

mackenzie said:
To be fair, if he had said this at any other time I wouldn't feel as strongly.

It's just that I am as nervous as hell, and don't want anything to tempt fate.

Maybe I am just superstitious. ;-)

Nail on the head - we as City fans are a nervous bunch as history quite rightly proves

But it needs a Mancini "we will finish in the top four", Cookie "the biggest club in the world"

Why Not - Let us believe in the worlds best (attitude)

- If it fucks up and the oil falls to the bootom of the earth - then we start again

FFS...he was speaking to a city supporters club branch,he was saying what they wanted to hear....it was`nt a press conference

PUT ALL YOUR NEGATIVE THOUGHTS AND ENERGY INTO DEFEATING THE RED SCUM ON WENESDAY NOT SLAGGING OFF OUR OWN

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.