Mr Cook

erocsevil said:
some of the posters on here are a bunch of morons. Criticizing and getting on the mans back as soon as he speaks.Think about it; he's only saying what the fans want to hear. Would you rather him turn round and say, we'll be lucky to get to wembley, we're not goona be one of the biggest clubs in the world and we'll be forever living in Un*ted's shadow.

Get a grip!
exactly... 30 secs chat infront of a few people in a pub and your calling for his head.ffs listen yourselves.

if you dont think your gonna be the best no one else will.

yes cheers badge, i thought it was a midlands club! what i'm saying is that i don't care if he is a city supporter, what matters is that he does his utmost for manchester city, which i feel despite the uwe gaff, is what he's doing. what do people want? he is upbeat, positive and severly optimistic about the direction we are going, i wish people would just see that and shut up! if gaz turned up at some boozer in new york saying we might win this and we can do that, he'd be slated for not being behind the club, he can't win with some people IMHO.

it's actually hilarious.

it's like all the crap that surrounds the wrestling. somehow a carling cup semi-final has become the most talked about tie I can remember. the stories just keep on coming. genius from everyone involved. I bow down to thee, gary neville, fergie, tevez, joorabchian, cook.

What I find totally ironic is that he comes across as the Richard Dunne of his particular trade - ie quite talented, totally committed, wholehearted, 100%, gives everything, passionate, willing to go through walls for the cause etc - and yet prone to the odd cock-up normally when you need it least.

uwe282828 said:
erocsevil said:
some of the posters on here are a bunch of morons. Criticizing and getting on the mans back as soon as he speaks.Think about it; he's only saying what the fans want to hear. Would you rather him turn round and say, we'll be lucky to get to wembley, we're not goona be one of the biggest clubs in the world and we'll be forever living in Un*ted's shadow.

Get a grip!
exactly... 30 secs chat infront of a few people in a pub and your calling for his head.ffs listen yourselves.

Guess what. I know we are going to be the best. I just don't need Cook telling me that after 5 minutes at our place and in this week of all weeks.

I don't dislike the man at all, I just wish he wouldn't give the media such possible ammunition.

I just want him to do what he does and not be so sodding visible. Good PR is NOT about being the centre of attention.

quote(Good PR is NOT about being the centre of attention)!!!!

its not about hiding in an office saying nothing either..

Has it occurred to all the knockers of Cook out there, that maybe he's just doing what he's been told to do by our owner ? The owner has quite clearly stated his intent to become the worlds biggest club in 5-10 years, so Cook is doing what he's paid for, and telling the world, even via a New York pub full of City supporters.

His comments have absolutely nothing to do with next Wednesday, and don't mean that from next Wednesday (if we win) we will be the worlds biggest club, just that that is what we are aiming to become.

I'd much rather he said this than "we're going to become the 4th biggest club in the premier league", its called ambition not arrogance, and I doubt that Barclays want to the 4th biggest bank, or BA the 4th biggest airline, they ALL say they are the best/biggest, that's what business is about. United have been claiming to be the biggest club in the world for years, so why should we not be telling them, "not for much longer".

mackenzie said:
uwe282828 said:

Guess what. I know we are going to be the best. I just don't need Cook telling me that after 5 minutes at our place and in this week of all weeks.

I don't dislike the man at all, I just wish he wouldn't give the media such possible ammunition.

I just want him to do what he does and not be so sodding visible. Good PR is NOT about being the centre of attention.

you can't buy column inches. you can however, say something completely trivial that gets tongues wagging. tevez and joorabchian knew what they were doing with yesterdays comments. I would assume mr cook had some idea that what he said would spark a bit of discussion.

as I said.... it's a bit like the storylines in the wrestling. football is sport but it is also theatre. the plot here has everything. one rival on the up another in danger of falling, is this the moment they change places after so long? the jilted lover determined to take revenge. and the clowns. neville had his turn, that story is dead now. enter, stage right, the falstaffian anti-hero, taking boastfulness to new levels and upsetting the gentlefolk.

seriously, if this is any more serious than that to you.........

uwe282828 said:
quote(Good PR is NOT about being the centre of attention)!!!!

its not about hiding in an office saying nothing either..

Agreed, it is about balance. And a smooth route to get what you want from those who have a vested interest whilst attracting others to invest in the same dream.

Tell me how he is doing that with his high visibility?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.