Mr Cook

Marvin said:
SSN have live exclusive rights so they are hyping the build-up for all they are worth.

Cook made the comments at a supporters club mtg. It wasn't a public statement. And if a club official at the richest club in the world does not have private ambitions to be the best, then there's something wrong

The issue that's being made of this story tells you more about the media world, and vested interest than it does about Cook's acumen.

this!

To be honest im embarrased by his comments, he portrays us as arrogant and big heads and its that what we as fans despised united of for years. It is clear as day he does not understand that you gain more respect by being humble and not a big gob.
He has given Fergie fuel to inspire his players, and i bet Mancini is fuming. He is doing exactly what Gary Neville does with united which is making a complete cock of himself.

cookie...normal guy getting carried away a bit at a supporters club doo,so what!....suppose you lot moaning are in the exec seats eating prawn sandwiches eh...chill out and let your hair down for ffs.

sixlashes said:

It WAS a bit silly though sixlashes.

Most of the comments re Cook being a bit of a prick came from the older crowd I think. Hardly prawn sandwich/exec box fans.

CooperMcfcF/W said:
To be honest im embarrased by his comments, he portrays us as arrogant and big heads and its that what we as fans despised united of for years. It is clear as day he does not understand that you gain more respect by being humble and not a big gob.
He has given Fergie fuel to inspire his players, and i bet Mancini is fuming. He is doing exactly what Gary Neville does with united which is making a complete cock of himself.

I see your point but at the same time we're as guilty as GC of being arrogant.

Look at the reaction on here every game, there's a real demand that we thrash any side that isn't Chelsea/Rags/Scouse/Arse. Anything less than a 4 goal drubbing and you see plenty of complaints on here.

Most believed we'd win by 4 or 5 on Tuesday. Based on what I don't know. I'm all for being confident and I always believe we can do the scum but I couldn't help but feel in the build up that some were setting themselves up for an almighty fall.

Sure, we've gone forwards and they've gone backwards and I'm delighted with that but ultimately it's them who are in the champions league, it's them who are competing for the title for the 4th year running. It was never going to be easy.

I believe that if ADUG and the lads all work hard then we can become THE club of the world. It's not hard to imagine, we have the resources, the nous and the structure for it.

So, I essentially believe the same as GC yet I do not think I am arrogant in thinking this. I did not think this prior to ADUG, it's only since the money has come in that I've felt we could finally go places.

It's also worth remembering that most blues and football fans in general don't give a shit.

The saddos, me included, that log on here and read every bit of news are in the minority. I've got a mate who's not missed a home or away game in 10 years barring the odd cup tie here and there. He doesn't read BM or other internet sites and as such, as a fan, he is in a much happier mindset than the people on here who worry that GC making a comment that Sky then shows to a load of armchair idiots and the minority like me who are slightly obsessed with City.

It doesn't really matter at the end of the day does it?

I don't think the players care what he says, I know I don't care one bit what any other clubs execs say and I daresay right now that West Ham fans or whoever do not give two fucks what GC has said or will say in the future.

This whole issue is a mountain out of a molehill.

TheMightyQuinn said:
CooperMcfcF/W said:

Look at the reaction on here every game, there's a real demand that we thrash any side that isn't Chelsea/Rags/Scouse/Arse. Anything less than a 4 goal drubbing and you see plenty of complaints on here.

Most believed we'd win by 4 or 5 on Tuesday. Based on what I don't know. I'm all for being confident and I always believe we can do the scum but I couldn't help but feel in the build up that some were setting themselves up for an almighty fall.

Sure, we've gone forwards and they've gone backwards and I'm delighted with that but ultimately it's them who are in the champions league, it's them who are competing for the title for the 4th year running. It was never going to be easy.

I believe that if ADUG and the lads all work hard then we can become THE club of the world. It's not hard to imagine, we have the resources, the nous and the structure for it.

So, I essentially believe the same as GC yet I do not think I am arrogant in thinking this. I did not think this prior to ADUG, it's only since the money has come in that I've felt we could finally go places.

It's also worth remembering that most blues and football fans in general don't give a shit.

The saddos, me included, that log on here and read every bit of news are in the minority. I've got a mate who's not missed a home or away game in 10 years barring the odd cup tie here and there. He doesn't read BM or other internet sites and as such, as a fan, he is in a much happier mindset than the people on here who worry that GC making a comment that Sky then shows to a load of armchair idiots and the minority like me who are slightly obsessed with City.

I don't think the players care what he says, I know I don't care one bit what any other clubs execs say and I daresay right now that West Ham fans or whoever do not give two fucks what GC has said or will say in the future.

Woah there TMQ. Where are the posters that are a bit peed off with Cook being arrogant?
You are taking the bigger picture that includes comments after a match, the slagging of players after a match has just finished etc etc.

That isn't what this thread is about at all. You shouldn't use an umbrella effect in this way.

Still love you though xx

mackenzie said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

Woah there TMQ. Where are the posters that are a bit peed off with Cook being arrogant?
You are taking the bigger picture that includes comments after a match, the slagging of players after a match has just finished etc etc.

That isn't what this thread is about at all. You shouldn't use an umbrella effect in this way.

Still love you though xx

I meant the people who hate Cook and believe that his comments have made us look arrogant etc. I was just saying that 99% of fans don't give a shit what some chief exec has said and it'll be forgotten tomorrow by all those except the ones with agendas on forums and what not.

I do get the point re slagging players, in the heat of the moment we all do it. My original point was that if following the whistle on Tuesday your sole emotion was 'I must criticise Benjani' then you're missing a great deal of fun!

Besides, Benji does not need a slagging, he's our 7th choice striker or something. Of course he's shit. Who has a good 7th choice striker for fucks sake?

I'm not slagging anyone, I love all blues, I do think some on here should be shot in the face and left to die on Matt Busby Way but that's me, I'm a twat.

I hate all this bitchiness on here to be honest. I'm a fucking blue, you're a fucking blue, we're all fucking blues, let's just get back to being great fans. Too much division and shit on here, we don't need it.

You do the posters who have criticised Cook a disservice TMQ.

This isn't about the team or the players for those that have criticized, it's about City looking a numptie of a Club.

Many posters have a balanced approach on such things as match results etc but Cook needs to shut his mouth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.