Muffin or Barm

Stuart said:
so am i . since 1991 . it's a muffin that they serve in chippys .
no its not i bake them then deliver the twats to the CHIPPYS which have fuckin barm cakes ffs how many times do i have to say it gees all over manchester and stockport END OF ps ive been a baker since 1990 so there

lol , if you say so fella . there definately bottom muffins . you can repeat yourself till your blue in the face , they're still muffins .
;-)

now what do you think the difference is in the raw ingredients used , the difference between the proving and the baking process , when producing a bottom muffin and a barm cake ?

if you bake the muffins , then deliver them personally , you must be fucked by the end of the day ? i tip my 'baker's hat' to you ;-)

It is a barm or bap. Even wikipedia tells you why it CANNOT be a muffin
English Muffin

A split English muffin.The English muffin is very different from the variety described on this page. The "English muffin" is yeast leavened and predates the baking powder leavened muffins. This produces a type of muffin with a thick, fluffy pastry and is usually baked as a disk typically about 8 cm in diameter. It is usually split into two, toasted and buttered, and bears a vague resemblance to a crumpet or pikelet. It also is eaten cold with a hot drink at coffee shops and diners. In her Boston Cooking-School Cook Book, Fannie Farmer gave recipes for both types of muffins, distinguishing between "raised" and adding instructions for a version that is nearly identical to today's "English muffin." Here the raised-muffin mixture was cooked in muffin rings on a griddle and flipped to brown both sides, producing a grilled muffin. Farmer indicated this was a useful method when baking in an oven was not practical.
<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muffin" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muffin</a> Yes you TOAST a muffin!

Stuart said:
lol , if you say so fella . there definately bottom muffins . you can repeat yourself till your blue in the face , they're still muffins .
;-)

now what do you think the difference is in the raw ingredients used , the difference between the proving and the baking process , when producing a bottom muffin and a barm cake ?

if you bake the muffins , then deliver them personally , you must be fucked by the end of the day ? i tip my 'baker's hat' to you ;-)
yes i am fucked, night off tonight i woundnt know about oven bottoms we dont do them only do loafs and barms
ps i get a good wage and im not going to admit to baking you know what. the diffrence is whilst proving the ******* STINK LIKE EGGY FARTS and barms dont

a split muffin bear's no resembelance in ingredient/process to a oven baked bottom muffin . the same as , for instance a chorizo sausage bear's no resembelance to a cumberland sausage they're both sausages , but with a different ingredient/process .
and don't take wiki as gospel . according to that , eto'o is already a city player .
lol .
goodnight lads
;-)

Stuart said:
a split muffin bear's no resembelance in ingredient/process to a oven baked bottom muffin . the same as , for instance a chorizo sausage bear's no resembelance to a cumberland sausage they're both sausages , but with a different ingredient/process .
and don't take wiki as gospel . according to that , eto'o is already a city player .
lol .
goodnight lads
;-)
stuart as a fello baker surely you of all people must know its a chip barm ffs
even when i worked a lowes in longsite they was barms!!

Stuart said:
;-)

How many chippys sell genuine oven bottom muffins? by tradition they flat surfaced what you get from most chippys aint so It aint a muffin

baza , growing up in blackley the chippys i frequented used bottom muffins . as you know , they're cheaper to produce than a barm . the average joe blogg who went in the chippy , wouldn't know the difference between a barm and a muffin . the owner would though , which would be noted by the product discription on the price list/menu . it was always a discribed as a chip muffin . i'm going back to the 1970's .
a barm cake and a bottom muffin , both of the same weight , the barm will always look bulkier than a muffin . simply due to the process and difference in raw ingredients used .
what chippys use now i don't know . whether it's an area thing are a distribution thing , i don't know .
what i do know from personal experience , regarding the thread title , it's a muffin .
;-)

is lowes managing to keep it's head above water in these shit times for manufacturing ?
still family owned are part of a multi national ?

Stuart said:
baza , growing up in blackley the chippys i frequented used bottom muffins . as you know , they're cheaper to produce than a barm . the average joe blogg who went in the chippy , wouldn't know the difference between a barm and a muffin . the owner would though , which would be noted by the product discription on the price list/menu . it was always a discribed as a chip muffin . i'm going back to the 1970's .
a barm cake and a bottom muffin , both of the same weight , the barm will always look bulkier than a muffin . simply due to the process and difference in raw ingredients used .
what chippys use now i don't know . whether it's an area thing are a distribution thing , i don't know .
what i do know from personal experience , regarding the thread title , it's a muffin .
;-)

is lowes managing to keep it's head above water in these shit times for manufacturing ?
still family owned are part of a multi national ?
stuart dont want to fall out about it but it is still a fuckin barm lol
matbe in the 70s they were ******** but now there barms chip barms to be pricise.
we weigh barms heavier at my place but each to there own.
we are going to have to agree to disagree mate
but they are still barms!!!
lowes has gone bust along time ago its martins now aload of crap lol
by the way my dad works in a bakery in blackly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.