Muffin or Barm

Re: Barm or Muffin

scottyboi said:
gman07 said:
well for an outsider like myself i have no clue what barm is... i know muffin but not fond of them... i like apple pie with sauce anglais... the swedish way

wanker haha its a barm mate just say barm all these muffin men from drewery lane have watched too much shrek!!! can i have a chocolate muffin please? wankers the lot of them!

BARMY ARMY, BARMY ARMY!! haha lmao too much shrek! fuck the muffin men!

i've baked shitloads of both barms and muffins in my time . traditional barms tend to be bigger in size than the traditional baked muffin . to make both , the processes are more or less the same . albeit you tend to use more raw materials and utilities ( proving/baking ) making a batch of barms , than you would a batch of muffins . ( next time your in a bakery/supermarket look at the difference in size , and price )
muffins were cheaper to make , therefore , were used more in chippys ( especially in north manchester areas ) than it's larger barm cake cousin .
whether you were served a chip barm or a chip muffin , i'd guess it would have been cost effective to sell a MUFFIN rather than a barm .
so MUFFIN it is .especially since terry christian , who knows alot about fuck all , just called it a chip barm on national television .

muffin .

there are plenty of greasey spoon cafes around manchester , where you can go in the mornings and order a full english breakfast , served on a buttered barm cake . due to it's size , if it was served on a muffin , it wouldn't be much of a breakfast .

greasey spoon = barm .
chippy = muffin .

goodnight y'all . ;-)

We even have the word of a baker (?) on our side.

The muffins declare victory.

muffin.jpg

THIS IS A MUFFIN, nothing like a barm!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.