Muffin or Barm

I said its a ...........Muffin

15zgxe.png

Salar said:
I am not from the uk and i was wondering what a barm is.I know what a muffin is but never heard of a barm.

A barm cake is a type of bun with flour on top. It has a characteristically strong flavour that comes from the traditional barm leaven made from a natural leaven with the addition of hops. However, the Barm Cake is more likely made from commercial yeast today.[citation needed]

The original barm cake is found in areas of Lancashire, North West England. In wider northern England, a similar bread roll would be known instead as a "breadbun", "breadcake", "bap", "cob" (an East Midland term), "teacake" (West Yorkshire/some parts of Cumbria; without currants or currant teacake with currants) or even (in the enlarged form of Tyneside) a "stotty".

Chips are a popular filling, sold in most fish and chip shops in the North West of England often called simply a 'chip barm'. Another popular filling in the North West, particularly Bolton, is the pasty barm.

"Muffin" is an Americanism but there is a 'English Muffin'
The English muffin is a type of light bread leavened with yeast. It is usually baked in a flat-sided disc-shaped tin, typically about 8 cm in diameter. Muffins are usually split in two, toasted and served with butter. Traditionally muffins were toasted in front of an open fire or stove, using a toasting fork. Muffins are also served as a snack at coffee shops and diners, or split and filled in a manner similar to a sandwich.

No comparison. It's a BARM and Al Mubarak is a disgrace to this club. We need a chairman from the north west, who knows what a barm is, not one of these foreign johnnies.

The cookie monster said:

15zgxe.png

He was given a choice between a muffin and a bloody bap, the guy that asked him that question needs bloody well shooting. Baps are for bloody southern fairy's how dare he mention them in the great Barm v muffin debate the twat.

Anyway Khaldoon not from Manchester so his vote doesn't count just like yours you six fingered git ;-p

Challenger1978 said:
The cookie monster said:

15zgxe.png

He was given a choice between a muffin and a bloody bap, the guy that asked him that question needs bloody well shooting. Baps are for bloody southern fairy's how dare he mention them in the great Barm v muffin debate the twat.

Anyway Khaldoon not from Manchester so his vote doesn't count just like yours you six fingered git ;-p

Loved Khaldoons face just before they finished the interview, probably thinking to himself "what the fuck was that question about?"

He gave the right answer though ;)

Project Rain said:
The fact that Khaldoon wasn't confused by the question means he knows this thread exists.

Which is pretty mental with all things considered. Anyway just in case he does read this thread.

Hey Khaldoon if you read this get of your arse will you and sign Messi.

I'll even consider you as Manc and count your vote in the great Barm v Muffin debate if you do.

Pretty please with sugar on top.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.