Muffin or Barm

inflatable_banana said:
For me, it's a muffin!

I was raised a muffinite, our local chippy in New Moston sold it as a muffin when I was growing up, and we even had a teacher at school nicknamed "chip muffin". The story goes that one of the pupils dropped a chip muffin in the canteen when the teacher (who was well known for drinking at work) just picked the muffin up and proceeded to eat it. I don't know whether this is true or not, but was certainly a legend at The Radclyffe School in Chadderton.

My first encounter of "barm" was at a chippy near Victoria Station. I asked for a chip muffin, and the person serving gave me a funny look and said "chip barm?". I walked out in disgust.

Reckon it must be a North Manchester thing
Fucking yonner!

I had a mushy-pea fritter today. No barm nor muffin. Just fritter. Bloody lovely.

But had I wanted it sandwiched betwixt two halves of bun-like breaded rolly thing, I would have asked for a barm. (And would have got a very strange reaction from the lady serving, as I was in a chippy in Sevenoaks, Kent.)

Zubrman said:
I had a mushy-pea fritter today. No barm nor muffin. Just fritter. Bloody lovely.

But had I wanted it sandwiched betwixt two halves of bun-like breaded rolly thing, I would have asked for a barm. (And would have got a very strange reaction from the lady serving, as I was in a chippy in Sevenoaks, Kent.)

You should have still asked. These people need educating.
They are living as second class citizens with their muffins.

Zubrman said:

You could have asked southerners know about barms so do a few newby residents in these parts all the locals know we in Lancashire have our Bacon and Egg on Muffins though.

Zubrman said:

The fritter is indeed a think to behold but neither a barm or a muffin it shall be, so fuck off fritter boy with your strange but magical ways

BETTER-DEAD-THAN-RED said:
who here has read every page of this thread.

also i mentioned before its a barm

I SAID ITS A FUCKING BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARM
good now we're clear on that.
Would that be a Lancashire oven bottom Barm then. Er thought not

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.