Muffin or Barm

Re: Barm or Muffin

tueartsboots said:
Bluemoon115 said:
tueartsboots said:
Seeing as we are getting quite silly with this, there may be a some of brave Men and Ladies actually in the thick of it.
Truce, muffin boys and and a big Hurrah and thanks to those serving. Together !

Yeh, my Ghurka boys have got you rattled...

Was actually being serious, lot's of different countries represented here with loved ones serving.
Respect to them and those that have served before.

Yeh, I agree.

I know people that have been out there and come back, and cracked joke after joke about it, which is why even though I havn't been there myself, I have a kind of nonchalance about it at times, but I understand it's a very sensative issue and yeh, it's best to stop now I guess.

Can't we just call them something completely different, spread the word and see if we can rename it completely?

Bluemoon115 said:
tueartsboots said:
Bluemoon115 said:
tueartsboots said:
Seeing as we are getting quite silly with this, there may be a some of brave Men and Ladies actually in the thick of it.
Truce, muffin boys and and a big Hurrah and thanks to those serving. Together !

Yeh, my Ghurka boys have got you rattled...

Was actually being serious, lot's of different countries represented here with loved ones serving.
Respect to them and those that have served before.

Yeh, I agree.

I know people that have been out there and come back, and cracked joke after joke about it, which is why even though I havn't been there myself, I have a kind of nonchalance about it at times, but I understand it's a very sensative issue and yeh, it's best to stop now I guess.

Can't we just call them something completely different, spread the word and see if we can rename it completely?

So you muffins surrender then?

Bluemoon115 said:
tueartsboots said:
Bluemoon115 said:
tueartsboots said:
So you muffins surrender then?

Nope, I'm offering you a truce.

Has Robbo given you permission? Terms of surrender have been intimated

...and these terms would be...

You all say BARM at the same time ! lol

In Ramsbottom, you can have either a muffin or a teacake, muffin being short for oven bottomed muffin. A teacake doesn't have currants in it unless you ask for a currant teacake. Generically they are classed as white rolls or barms so basically everyone is correct except those in Ramsbottom are more correct than anywhere else.

Hahahah

tueartsboots said:
You all say BARM at the same time ! lol

Well then, it gives me great displeasure to announce, on behalf of Robbo, and the other brave muffin men, that this fight WILL CONTINUE!!!

You don't know what you've got yoruself into, these are our new allies http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=A_YgupUZNdw

MIGHTY MUFFIN POWER RANGERS!!!

Rammyblues said:
In Ramsbottom, you can have either a muffin or a teacake, muffin being short for oven bottomed muffin. A teacake doesn't have currants in it unless you ask for a currant teacake. Generically they are classed as white rolls or barms so basically everyone is correct except those in Ramsbottom are more correct than anywhere else.

Hahahah

Its not a teacake if it doesnt have currants in
and a bread muffin is different shape from a barm and is covered in flour yuk Barm s are the best

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.