munich and the truth

crizack

<a class="postlink" href="http://findarticles.com/p/news-articles/daily-mail-london-england-the/mi_8002/is_2006_Jan_21/betrayal-busby-babes-munich-air/ai_n37713917/?tag=content;col1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://findarticles.com/p/news-articles ... ntent;col1</a>

A very good article.

It was a very different era, but you and twist and pervert any subject if you have an agenda.

hooter said:
It was a very different era, but you and twist and pervert any subject if you have an agenda.

Like the rags are the greatest team ever since football started in 1992 for example?

This is such a coincidence !!
It was only a few days ago that I was arguing with a Rag over this same thing.
I told him that United evicted some of the widows and players and families,from houses owned by the Club,.but would he have it.
Its well reading all 4 or 5 pages was it !!
Brilliant piece and clearly shows what a twat of the highest order Fred The Butcher really was !

mat said:
hooter said:

Like the rags are the greatest team ever since football started in 1992 for example?
But we had an agenda in the 50s, United with Sir Matt dragged English football into Europe, did you know, at the time some clubs wanted United banned from playing in the 1st div, they thought playing in Europe was beneath English clubs, have a search on the net.

oakiecokie said:
This is such a coincidence !!
It was only a few days ago that I was arguing with a Rag over this same thing.
I told him that United evicted some of the widows and players and families,from houses owned by the Club,.but would he have it.
Its well reading all 4 or 5 pages was it !!
Brilliant piece and clearly shows what a twat of the highest order Fred The Butcher really was !
It was a very different era, It was the 50s, have a look back at your history, things was very different, can't you understand this?

1. It was the 50s, so what? That isn't long enough ago to forget morality.
2. What exactly "was different" then that made this acceptable?
3. What is our history compares to evicting the families of dead players?
4. Why haven't United, with all of their billions of success rectified this huge mistake?

You're a one trick pony argument, trying to excuse the inexcusable.

Damocles said:
4. Why haven't United, with all of their billions of success rectified this huge mistake?

bravo.....well said that man

Damocles said:

I've been a Union man since the 70s, paid my dues to fight against the Man, been on strike against rich bosses that stamp down on the working man, so I know how hard life is.....
Some people have a agenda against United, I wonder why, it was a common practice at the time, new players needed to be housed.

back then Football teams were poor, unlike now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.