munich and the truth

hooter said:
Damocles said:
1. It was the 50s, so what? That isn't long enough ago to forget morality.
2. What exactly "was different" then that made this acceptable?
3. What is our history compares to evicting the families of dead players?
4. Why haven't United, with all of their billions of success rectified this huge mistake?

You're a one trick pony argument, trying to excuse the inexcusable.
I've been a Union man since the 70s, paid my dues to fight against the Man, been on strike against rich bosses that stamp down on the working man, so I know how hard life is.....
Some people have a agenda against United, I wonder why, it was a common practice at the time, new players needed to be housed.

back then Football teams were poor, unlike now.

as poor as football players are now compared to their clubs.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
hooter said:
I've been a Union man since the 70s, paid my dues to fight against the Man, been on strike against rich bosses that stamp down on the working man, so I know how hard life is.....
Some people have a agenda against United, I wonder why, it was a common practice at the time, new players needed to be housed.

I agree, they was paid better than the average man.

hooter said:
Damocles said:
1. It was the 50s, so what? That isn't long enough ago to forget morality.
2. What exactly "was different" then that made this acceptable?
3. What is our history compares to evicting the families of dead players?
4. Why haven't United, with all of their billions of success rectified this huge mistake?

You're a one trick pony argument, trying to excuse the inexcusable.

So you're telling me that despite having average attendances in the 40,000 mark, and players who had a wage cap, clubs were poor? This is despite paying nearly a million (adjusted for inflation) for Albert Quixall in 1958? And double that for the rest of the purchases in 58?

Also, you didn't answer the last questions.

7/6d entrance fee, I knew Albert, he had a Scrap yard on Stamford st in Old Trafford, things were very different back then.

hooter said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

and a club who could afford european flights, the domestic success and housing for its staff could somehow not afford to care for the very people who gave them that privelege?

JoeMercer'sWay said:
hooter said:

and a club who could afford european flights, the domestic success and housing for its staff could somehow not afford to care for the very people who gave them that privelege?
But you are going over stuff I don't know about, Charton still sees his old team mates, I've not heard him saying anything bad about the club.

hooter said:
7/6d entrance fee, I knew Albert, he had a Scrap yard on Stamford st in Old Trafford, things were very different back then.

Yeah, that's still £15,000 every game on gate receipts, adjusted for inflation works out at around £300,000 every week.

Which part of this are you not getting?

By the way, stop with the whole "times were different" shit. It's now becoming borderline trolling.

Damocles said:
hooter said:

Yeah, that's still £15,000 every game on gate receipts, adjusted for inflation works out at around £300,000 every week.

Which part of this are you not getting?

By the way, stop with the whole "times were different" shit. It's now becoming borderline trolling.
OK, we had Multimillion pound backing back then......and they sould have gave it all to the past players.

hooter said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
But you are going over stuff I don't know about, Charton still sees his old team mates, I've not heard him saying anything bad about the club.

Charlton has been pampered by the club, paid handsomely and paraded as a trophy because he survived munich and went and won the world cup, pride and joy of Manchester, whilst his mates scrounged about with life shortening injuries without a pot to piss in, all because he got lucky and they didn't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.