Munich Anniversary

I'm Sure it wasn't City fans who started the Munich song. I think it may of been Bolton or Liverpool fans.
They are disgusting one in particular to the tune of the " Laughing Policeman" made feel sick. Think it started at Liverpool though and their would be outrage from them and rightly if other fans mocked Hillsborough. United fans lost all claim to the moral high ground however when they chanted Abervan against Cardiff back in the 70s. Thankfully it appears to have stopped at City and while our rivalry with the Rags is as fierce as ever it's perhaps a little less toxic these days.

The media have been quiet on the anniversary and it slipped my mind completely.
The lockdown causes me to lose track of dates but its the first time the anniversary has not been plastered all over the place - except for the lengthy period before they saw money was to be made.
A quiet club memorial is the correct measure after 63 years.

R.I.P to all who perished.

My dad was as passionate a blue as you could ever meet, he lived and breathed City all his life. Didn’t stop him getting emotional whenever the subject of Munich came up. He described it as like the entire city being hit by a sledgehammer. I think that’s why he could never bring himself to hate United. He didn’t see the ugly behemoth we see today , he only ever saw a collection of bright young lives snuffed out all too early.

One of the very few times he ever really bollocked me was for calling them “Munichs” when I was a teenager. It disgusted him. As I’ve grown it disgusts me as well.

I don’t give a shite who they played for, or how the club treated their families afterwards, today is a day for remembering a collection of lives, young and older, that were taken far too soon, in a Very traumatic devastating manner.

God bless them all, and their families.

Weird to even start this thread given the time passed and the OP bringing up a supposed negative against City fans with it.

We all know what it actually means today, just like that lot over the 62.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.