Munich Chants

The argument isn't about should you be able to sing it if you want to or the meaning of the word and its context. We all know this.

God knows I've sang alot worse about peoples teeth hair heads and so on when we really could sing what we wanted and their was no medja scrutiny and I knew no better.

We are in a different place now and, like it or not, all the munchkin singers will do is give the press a stick to beat City with....as if they need anything else.

That's what this is about now. Bowing to outside pressure doesn't come naturally to us, but on this one I think we all have to for the good of the club and the club ambassadors have already asked. Yes it sucks that football is being homogenised but this is hardly new and probably we escaped the effects of it for a long time during our journey into the depths and back so all this scrutiny is something we just have to get used to.

What City fans would have done in the past would have been to sing something else instead which takes the piss out of the whole episode in a humorous way and which still insults our neighbours in a way that irritates them immensely.

Hopefully we have not lost that spirit.

I know it was sung at Blackburn, but I didn't hear it yesterday. I sit on the SS upper tier.

If it was sung, it couldn't have been more than 30 seconds or it would have been clearly heard by everyone.

IMO the MUEN have an agenda because we are close to finally winning something.

So my question to you Brennan is why have you said fuck all about the banner your scum club allows to be proudly displayed?<br /><br />-- Mon May 02, 2011 6:57 pm --<br /><br />I know it was sung at Blackburn, but I didn't hear it yesterday. I sit on the SS upper tier.

If it was sung, it couldn't have been more than 30 seconds or it would have been clearly heard by everyone.

IMO the MUEN have an agenda because we are close to finally winning something.

So my question to you Brennan is why have you said fuck all about the banner your scum club allows to be proudly displayed?

mad zab said:
I know it was sung at Blackburn, but I didn't hear it yesterday. I sit on the SS upper tier.
It was sung in 110/111 but it seemed quite feeble and only 2 or 3 times, followed by "We sing what we want..." Hopefully iy was a token gesture and it was noticeable that, apart from that, there were few if any other "anti_Utd" songs.

I find it embarrassing the number of songs we sing that mention the rags when we're not playing them.

Prestwich_Blue said:
mad zab said:
It was sung in 110/111 but it seemed quite feeble and only 2 or 3 times, followed by "We sing what we want..." Hopefully iy was a token gesture and it was noticeable that, apart from that, there were few if any other "anti_Utd" songs.

I find it embarrassing the number of songs we sing that mention the rags when we're not playing them.

Personally I never sing about them. I prefer our songs.

However, they always sing about us and give abuse about Heysel & Hillsborough. Do you hear Brennan say anything about that? Absolutely not!!

He is just a hateful rag fan, just like them all!!<br /><br />-- Mon May 02, 2011 7:42 pm --<br /><br />
Prestwich_Blue said:
mad zab said:

Personally I never sing about them. I prefer our songs.

However, they always sing about us and give abuse about Heysel & Hillsborough. Do you hear Brennan say anything about that? Absolutely not!!

He is just a hateful rag fan, just like them all!!

Could someone tell me if there is a single local newspaper in the entire country that actively works against one of its clubs (technically, the only major Mancunian club) like the MUEN does?

That newspaper is despicable, they completely ignored things like the Hillsborough chants at the United/Liverpool youth game, as they have done most other United incidents of a similar nature, yet are always quick to point out City's "wrongdoings". If you still read this board Brennan, hang your head in shame you pathetic rag.

Never getting a penny off me till they hire some proper objective writers.

Said many times over that I don't get the we don't sing Munich songs. It's up to the individual. What really grates me is who the hell do some of you in here think you are. I am sick and tired if being told, what I can and cannot sing, that I am rag obsessed if I mention them in a post, that I shouldn't expect City to win, be arrogant, slag City fans off. What do you want a sterile ground? As the team improves so does the atmosphere. Hopefully a win a wembley, which I am expecting because we're a better team will cement COMS as our home.
Enjoy where the journey takes us and give it anyone and everyone who tries to give City grief.
Proud fan of Manchester we have more money than you, better players, in the FA cup final, best club in the world City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.