Munich Chants

Banning fans won't stop it...it will make it worse if anything because it will breed resentment.
Likewise, I don't think messages in programmes and self policing will fully solve it (especially because you're risking a slap !!)
If the Club want to sort this once and for all, they need to send the Ambassadors (Summerbee, Bell and the like) in to the pubs such as Mary D's on match day and tackle it head on.
I have drunk in Mary D's for years now and yesterday, the problem was still there...particularly because the DJ encouraged it.
If Buzzer got on the mic 1 hour before k.o in Mary D's back bar and asked "person to person" to end this issue, then things will change. Until that happens, the problem will simmer below the surface. Whether the Club are prepared to take this "alternative" approach...is the big question.

Re: The club should start banning them..

felixbg said:
Bossman Blue said:
Call me what you like and it makes no difference where in the stadium anyone sits all loyal fans respect Manchester City FC and what it stands for. It does not stand for toerags who delight in singing to the point of hysteria about the deaths of 23 people in an air crash.

Manchester City also stands for a no swearing policy, a all-seater stadium policy, 'respect the ref' policy & before uefa cup games always gives a speech asking everyone to be nice and welcoming to our guests.Are you going to have a one man crusade against offenders on these fronts? if so might aswell just pm you my deatails and you can pass them on to the club.

And so does every other club. I don't have a beef with any of those. I just find it difficult to understand why anyone wants to sing about a tragedy.<br /><br />-- Mon May 02, 2011 3:27 pm --<br /><br />
CtidBlueMooner said:
Banning fans won't stop it...it will make it worse if anything because it will breed resentment.
Likewise, I don't think messages in programmes and self policing will fully solve it (especially because you're risking a slap !!)
If the Club want to sort this once and for all, they need to send the Ambassadors (Summerbee, Bell and the like) in to the pubs such as Mary D's on match day and tackle it head on.
I have drunk in Mary D's for years now and yesterday, the problem was still there...particularly because the DJ encouraged it.
If Buzzer got on the mic 1 hour before k.o in Mary D's back bar and asked "person to person" to end this issue, then things will change. Until that happens, the problem will simmer below the surface. Whether the Club are prepared to take this "alternative" approach...is the big question.

I think that the Clubs view is that by the time 1 or 2 have been kicked out, season cards confiscated all but the most stupid will get the message. We could lose a few fans as a result of this but with success comes more demand and those fans will be replaced.

Bossman Blue said:
felixbg said:
Manchester City also stands for a no swearing policy, a all-seater stadium policy, 'respect the ref' policy & before uefa cup games always gives a speech asking everyone to be nice and welcoming to our guests.Are you going to have a one man crusade against offenders on these fronts? if so might aswell just pm you my deatails and you can pass them on to the club.

And so does every other club. I don't have a beef with any of those. I just find it difficult to understand why anyone wants to sing about a tragedy.
the tragedy, as far as you're concerned, is that carrick passed to the wrong player

Its not singing about a tragedy though. Its calling Utd fans Munichs since they got a lot of support AFTER the Plane crash at Munich and they themselves milk the Munich event/disaster for all they can.

The RUNWAY song is about a tragedy.

Bossman Blue said:
felixbg said:

And so does every other club. I don't have a beef with any of those. I just find it difficult to understand why anyone wants to sing about a tragedy.

because they are young, foolish, had too much to drink and in amongst other vocal fans. If you don't like it avoid the south stand & 110-113, stay away from maryd's and don't go to away games.

other than the odd 'munich' after 'if you hate man united' and 'carlos tevez is a blue', you will almost certainly never hear any of the sick runway songs.

squirtyflower said:
Bossman Blue said:
the tragedy, as far as you're concerned, is that carrick passed to the wrong player
Pathetic, how old are you? I dont suppose you were even on Bluemoon to see the early stuff like the open letter to Fergie after we beat them the first time at COMS.

mancityvstoke said:
Its not singing about a tragedy though. Its calling Utd fans Munichs since they got a lot of support AFTER the Plane crash at Munich and they themselves milk the Munich event/disaster for all they can.

he's been asked twice about the distinction between the two, and has been very evasive with his response<br /><br />-- Mon May 02, 2011 3:34 pm --<br /><br />
Bossman Blue said:
squirtyflower said:
Pathetic, how old are you? I dont suppose you were even on Bluemoon to see the early stuff like the open letter to Fergie after we beat them the first time at COMS.
hahaha
can't you see my join date?
but i've been going to watch city a lot longer than you

I have said it before but for me smoking in the ground is much much worse than any chant no matter how vile

Smoking can damage other peoples health but where was Colin bell speaking out about that

at the moment the PC brigade have got on their high horses and as usual they have backed the wrong crusade

I will not be lectured about breaking club rules by anyone who condones smoking within the ground

and constantly bringing this subject of Mvnich chants up is just keeping it in the public eye

If everyone who comes on here gobbing off about Mvnich chants confronted the people doing it it would eventually stop but what is the point of doing nothing when you are face to face with the perpetrators and then come on here moaning

The Fat el Hombre said:
Stretford Born Blue said:
Were you at the game?

Yes.

Whatever sort of munich chants there might have been it clearly didn't tarnish the game as the MEN claim. Blackburn was a different story cos it was loud and clear and continuous, but yesterday it was fuck all.

I was pissed off that the semi victory was overshadowed by the rags spitting their dummies at the end with Balo, I was pissed off that the munich chanting overshadowed the win against blackburn, but I'm fucking fuming at our local paper trying to take away from us winning and going 7 points clear because of something that was pretty much a non-event

It's not about tarnishing the game yesterday, or at Blackburn or at any other game, nor is it about people spitting dummies out after losing or local papers trying to undermine our success, it's about tarnishing City's name.
We are causing waves because of our improvements on and off the field, any negativity people can find to undermine us, well they will and at the moment this bollocks is it.
I dislike United and it's fans more than I could begin to explain but I wouldn't sing the Munich songs and never have done, more so now that there is a witch hunt.
Some people don't seem to be able to grasp that, sing anti United songs for me all day long but leave out the Munich shite.
We don't hear about Italian fans singing about the 40 odd dead after the Tourino air crash do we?! and they hate each other with just as much passion.
Some of our fans just need to grow the fuck up and take a good look at themselves....................., and then consider others if they possibly could.

squirtyflower said:
mancityvstoke said:

he's been asked twice about the distinction between the two, and has been very evasive with his response

-- Mon May 02, 2011 3:34 pm --

Bossman Blue said:
hahaha
can't you see my join date?
but i've been going to watch city a lot longer than you
I very much doubt it sunshine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.