Munich Chants

Re: The club should start banning them..

I cannot believe we are still using the word munich to describe rags - shows a lack of imagination blues, come on ffs.

Dannyc_city said:
The press are always going to highlight any little thing they can find about city now, they hate the thought that we're going to be a much bigger force in the future and they are scared shitless that we will over take Trafford Rangers to be the biggest club in the world. Jealous about the investments we've had and so on...

I agree, singing these songs isn't very grown up, but banning people is daft. If they are that offended and hurt by it then why are they still making money out of it 53 years later! Journo's are always going to be quick to criticise anyone who bullies their precious liccle United, because after all, their fans are perfect. They mustn't attack women and children because the papers don't report it... it was obviously the women and children that started it. They don't cause trouble at games, they don't break coach windows with missiles and they certainly don't sing songs about Foe. Because after all, United are perfect aren't they.

You're never going to get songs like this out of football, munich, hillsborough etc. No matter how hard you try it will always be there, you just have to be grown up about it. Calling fans nobheads isn't going to help anyone... it just cause more arguments.
I just hope our fans CAN do the mature thing and try and stamp it out.

wanna bet ?
Flexibility First
The new digital set-up gives the club much more flexibility. Peter, who has overall responsibility security and safety explains: “I can now pull a disk out to review the content on it or to give it to the police to help with a prosecution and the system will still continue to record, so we never miss any footage.

“With the DS2, security staff using the powerful NetVu ObserVer viewing software from DM can also search for images without having to stop recording and capture multimedia images. Both high resolution Jpeg images and continuous Mpeg4 video recordings can be taken at the same time. The different options are particularly welcome when images are to be used as evidence.”

The flexibility the system provides in terms of archiving has already proven itself in terms of stadium safety and security. Peter continues: “For events and concerts we now burn disks the following day and this is often used to provide supplementary evidence to help us push through our enforcement policies - from filming fans drinking alcohol in the stadium bowl, to enforcing the no-smoking ban or recording troublemakers. If a steward spots someone causing trouble, for example, we insist that they call the event control room first, so we can make sure our cameras are capturing footage when the steward goes in to sort it out. This way we can back up the steward’s evidence.”

“At our last home game we recorded what was clearly a premeditated disturbance by the away-team fans. Thanks to the new solution we were able to rapidly pass the relevant footage onto the police and from past experience I fully expect there will be a few people getting a knock on the door.”

Ultimately, the upgrade has provided MCFC with a surveillance system that ensures crowd safety on match days and the best possible stadium security 24/7, a scalable solution that will stand the test of time says Victoria Waude, National Account Manager for Dedicated Micros.

“The Dedicated Micros installation specified by G4S at MCFC has been designed from the start to be future-proof, with further expansion now possible through the simple addition of hard wired or even wireless NetVu Connected products. It is, we believe, a fitting solution which is very much in keeping with the advanced nature of one of the UK’s premier high-tech stadia.”

Longsight-memories said:
Get the CCTV film out pick them out and stop the season cards...

they have been asked to Stop and wont listen.. kick em out..

Manchester City's hard-fought 2-1 victory over West Ham was tarnished by a section of hardcore Blues fans again persisting with vile Munich chants.

They ignored manager Roberto Mancini, the club’s hierarchy and legends Colin Bell, Tony Book and Mike Summerbee to carry on the chants about the 1958 tragedy that claimed the lives of 23 people, including eight of the famous Busby Babes.

Summerbee even went so far as to pen his plea in the West Ham match programme.

Club ambassador Summerbee wants the supporters to self-manage the issue, writing: “Please, if you know anyone who sings these songs implore them to stop.”

He said there was no place in the City song book for the “hideous” chants which are not worthy of the great fans who won worldwide acclaim by the way they commemorated the disaster’s 50th anniversary at Old Trafford in 2008.

But a small number of sick supporters ignored him and all the other ex-players and club officials by chanting that they are Manchester City and they will sing what they want before chanting: “Who Put the ball in the Munichs’ net ... Yaya” in reference to City’s FA Cup semi-final win at Wembley

Threads like this should be banned and kicked out IMO!!

one small problem, is the word munich punishable with a banning order?

you could be kicked out for swearing,racist chanting etc

but for using the word munich in a song i dont think so.

as for the songs theyve been goin for ages, well ever since i started going in 85.

mountains n molehills come to mind.

Longsight-memories said:
Dannyc_city said:
The press are always going to highlight any little thing they can find about city now, they hate the thought that we're going to be a much bigger force in the future and they are scared shitless that we will over take Trafford Rangers to be the biggest club in the world. Jealous about the investments we've had and so on...

I agree, singing these songs isn't very grown up, but banning people is daft. If they are that offended and hurt by it then why are they still making money out of it 53 years later! Journo's are always going to be quick to criticise anyone who bullies their precious liccle United, because after all, their fans are perfect. They mustn't attack women and children because the papers don't report it... it was obviously the women and children that started it. They don't cause trouble at games, they don't break coach windows with missiles and they certainly don't sing songs about Foe. Because after all, United are perfect aren't they.

You're never going to get songs like this out of football, munich, hillsborough etc. No matter how hard you try it will always be there, you just have to be grown up about it. Calling fans nobheads isn't going to help anyone... it just cause more arguments.
I just hope our fans CAN do the mature thing and try and stamp it out.

wanna bet ?
Flexibility First
The new digital set-up gives the club much more flexibility. Peter, who has overall responsibility security and safety explains: “I can now pull a disk out to review the content on it or to give it to the police to help with a prosecution and the system will still continue to record, so we never miss any footage.

“With the DS2, security staff using the powerful NetVu ObserVer viewing software from DM can also search for images without having to stop recording and capture multimedia images. Both high resolution Jpeg images and continuous Mpeg4 video recordings can be taken at the same time. The different options are particularly welcome when images are to be used as evidence.”

The flexibility the system provides in terms of archiving has already proven itself in terms of stadium safety and security. Peter continues: “For events and concerts we now burn disks the following day and this is often used to provide supplementary evidence to help us push through our enforcement policies - from filming fans drinking alcohol in the stadium bowl, to enforcing the no-smoking ban or recording troublemakers. If a steward spots someone causing trouble, for example, we insist that they call the event control room first, so we can make sure our cameras are capturing footage when the steward goes in to sort it out. This way we can back up the steward’s evidence.”

“At our last home game we recorded what was clearly a premeditated disturbance by the away-team fans. Thanks to the new solution we were able to rapidly pass the relevant footage onto the police and from past experience I fully expect there will be a few people getting a knock on the door.”

Ultimately, the upgrade has provided MCFC with a surveillance system that ensures crowd safety on match days and the best possible stadium security 24/7, a scalable solution that will stand the test of time says Victoria Waude, National Account Manager for Dedicated Micros.

“The Dedicated Micros installation specified by G4S at MCFC has been designed from the start to be future-proof, with further expansion now possible through the simple addition of hard wired or even wireless NetVu Connected products. It is, we believe, a fitting solution which is very much in keeping with the advanced nature of one of the UK’s premier high-tech stadia.”

That's a good idea, but it wont stop the so called "hard lards" who think getting into trouble with the police is funny...<br /><br />-- Mon May 02, 2011 11:44 am --<br /><br />
lordloverocket said:

as for the songs theyve been goin for ages, well ever since i started going in 85.

Well said!

Dannyc_city said:
Longsight-memories said:
wanna bet ?
Flexibility First

That's a good idea, but it wont stop the so called "hard lards" who think getting into trouble with the police is funny...

-- Mon May 02, 2011 11:44 am --

lordloverocket said:

Well said!

10 or 20 banning orders & they will soon get the message..shame they wont listen...

bainy said:
Longsight-memories said:
Get the CCTV film out pick them out and stop the season cards...

they have been asked to Stop and wont listen.. kick em out..

Manchester City's hard-fought 2-1 victory over West Ham was tarnished by a section of hardcore Blues fans again persisting with vile Munich chants.

They ignored manager Roberto Mancini, the club’s hierarchy and legends Colin Bell, Tony Book and Mike Summerbee to carry on the chants about the 1958 tragedy that claimed the lives of 23 people, including eight of the famous Busby Babes.

Summerbee even went so far as to pen his plea in the West Ham match programme.

Club ambassador Summerbee wants the supporters to self-manage the issue, writing: “Please, if you know anyone who sings these songs implore them to stop.”

He said there was no place in the City song book for the “hideous” chants which are not worthy of the great fans who won worldwide acclaim by the way they commemorated the disaster’s 50th anniversary at Old Trafford in 2008.

But a small number of sick supporters ignored him and all the other ex-players and club officials by chanting that they are Manchester City and they will sing what they want before chanting: “Who Put the ball in the Munichs’ net ... Yaya” in reference to City’s FA Cup semi-final win at Wembley

Threads like this should be banned and kicked out IMO!!

I think it's a question of maturity/immaturity. Like the very words themselves they are not understood by those who are still green. That's all part of being young and you have to accept that. Kids have to learn by there own mistakes, and they will, just like they will grow out of using the word munich to describe a rag.

The problem is when you hear a forty year old saying it - then you begin to worry!

squirtyflower said:
shadygiz said:
whats out of order is your hatred and bile filled post aimed at fellow city fans....now thats a disgrace
said so on the other thread
ironic really

but i find 'thick', 'twats', 'scumbags' just as offensive

so how would you politely described someone who thinks it`s cool to sing about people dying ?
They aren`t as offensive, if in work tommorrow someone called me one of those names i wouldn`t be remotely offended but if someone started making songs about a member of my family dying i`d be a bit miffed

whats more important to you.....being able to sing songs that contain a word which clearly upsets many people ......rightly or wrongly.....

or the reputation and good name of Manchester City FC the club that we all profess to support?

is your hatred of the rags more important to you than the well-being of City?

do we really want to become like fucking Millwall giving it 'no-one likes us we don't care' to a global audience as the club goes from strength to strength

regardless of the whys and wherefores, the ifs and buts, it's time to give it up and move on lads for the sake of City

I'd lose no sleep if the club did start banning those that will not listen

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.