Munich Roll Call

aka blue jambo said:
Blue Til Death said:
aka blue jambo said:
any hotel tips guys?
stayed in Eurostar Gand Central last time but its so expensive this time :-(

That's where we are jambo, can you give me the heads up on the location and getting from the airport.

Cheers bud
did you get a good deal?
train from airport stops about 5 mins walk from hotel ... just come out station ( tells you on hotel website ) turn right over wee bridge
its dead near the big Augenwhatsit bierkeller - great location

Its cost us £310 hotel and flight from heathrow mate, Lufthansa, cant really afford it to be honest but thought fuck it, its gotta be done.
Are you going or is it too difficult to get a package together?

I see Thomson came up with a world beating £365 for an overnight trip - using Singapore Airlines schedule flight that you can book direct for about £200.

Can't justify the cost of this trip when I can take me and the mrs away for a really nice weekend for the same as I would end up spending here. The draw hasn't helped given only 2 weeks or so to arrange flights, hotel, etc.

Oh well, there's always next season.

Stockton Heath Blue said:
I see Thomson came up with a world beating £365 for an overnight trip - using Singapore Airlines schedule flight that you can book direct for about £200.

Can't justify the cost of this trip when I can take me and the mrs away for a really nice weekend for the same as I would end up spending here. The draw hasn't helped given only 2 weeks or so to arrange flights, hotel, etc.

I agree with you mate, its a disgrace to have to spend this sort of money for a day trip, I got all giddy about it and booked for £310 but I will pay dearly for it, was hoping for a totally different draw, has to be something wrong getting virtually the same teams every year

Stockton Heath Blue said:

and the games after we top the group.

Blue Til Death said:
de niro said:
Blue Til Death said:
Alas I cant go to this but not because of a lack of a ticket, just cant justify the cost, £300 plus for ticket, travel & accommodation.

tight arse.

I need to start nicking money out of mrs deaths purse in advance Bill, I may make Rome if I start now.
Let me know if your down for the Arse game and will hook up for a pint or two.

ps Lynda misses you ;-)))

:-) Yes I do miss you - he didnt tell me he'd posted that.

Me and the Mrs are thinking about it, although I haven't looked into the price differences I was thinking of using this package thing from Thompsons. It looks expensive and the ticket is £32 on top of that but I'm not tied down with any financial commitments at the minute and have some spare cash.

I think I know the answer but would those of you who have been to Munich before recommend it?

Is the extra bit of money worth it not to have the hassle of organising it all? I'm not bothered about staying over as I don't ahve too many holiday dsays left so a day trip is perfect for me just not sure about the money.

lewis9111 said:
Me and the Mrs are thinking about it, although I haven't looked into the price differences I was thinking of using this package thing from Thompsons. It looks expensive and the ticket is £32 on top of that but I'm not tied down with any financial commitments at the minute and have some spare cash.

I think I know the answer but would those of you who have been to Munich before recommend it?

Is the extra bit of money worth it not to have the hassle of organising it all? I'm not bothered about staying over as I don't ahve too many holiday dsays left so a day trip is perfect for me just not sure about the money.

Spike's organisation is well worth the money. Went to Aris & Villareal with Sport Options with no hiccups ( so long as you don't count missing the Aris coach to the ground from the hotel and having to peg it down by taxi to the police meeting point!). I believe Spike managed to get out of Milan a few years back while others were stranded. Peace of mind worth every penny if you can afford it.

lewis9111 said:

Depends. I dont find it much hassle organising it myself so I like to save an extra few (well more than a few) quid. I dont like the day trips they wipe you out and you miss the best part of the trip (the night before the game usually) but they are great if you are short of holidays at work.

Munichs a great city to visit, I would go again.

lewis9111 said:

It depends what type of person you are - if you're quite good at understanding underground networks and maps in other languages, you can't really go wrong doing it yourself. Munich's a great City, most people are really friendly and speak pretty decent English and if your one of these 'I want the real munich experience blah blah' people than deffo do it yourself!

If you've got the money though, for the sake of spending an extra £40/50, the organised trips are really good as well - and if you haven't been before, you'll meet other people who you can pair up with to find the best drinking places.

You should deffo go though, even though its annoying getting them every year, if you had to pick one place to go every year out of the ones we've been to Munich is the best!

Thanks for the info so far guys, it's been really helpful! I've been to Munich once befre for non-footballing reasons and it was brilliant so I would really like to go again.

I think I will probably go for the day trip once I've got permission from work and my boss (gf). She finished at 6 so hopefully will be booked up tonight!

People are nice on this forum despite what I read most of the time ;)

Thanks again!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.