Munich songs.

C_T_I_D

Heard them at Blackburn away on the concourse and to be honest I was embarrassed. The atmosphere was cracking on the terraces, but that almost spoiled the day for me. I'm not one to get on my high horse and I'm not going to tell people what to do because I believe in free will and freedom of speech, but my opinion is that it is disgusting.

The munich air disaster was a tragedy and it had nothing to do with football. Also although many say that United have milked it, would any other club be any different? They practically lost their whole first team, we lost an excellent goalkeeper who was reporting for a crappy paper (News Of The World).

I know they mock Foes death but why should we lower ourselves to their standards? We're better than that blues. Why create a poor media perception of a club based on a few chants that were uncalled for? Thankfully it was the minority of "supporters". I know that they won't stop, I know these threads have been done time and time before, but I was embarrassed to support the same football club as people who find it so easy to mock the dead.

The 50th anniversary of the Munich Air disaster silence shown that we can and have been impeccable in the past. It would be a shame if that was a one off and a shadow was cast over it. We were there to support Man City, not hate the rags. Leave it for later this month and rip them for other things because that is crossing the line.

In other news I saw De Niro (Bill) at Blackburn and he looked like he had dropped a few pounds!

I think these threads irritate me more than the songs! Not a regular away gamer I take it?

berger1985 said:
I think these threads irritate me more than the songs! Not a regular away gamer I take it?

Just the local ones. I normally do Bolton & Blackburn.

Why do these threads irritate you by the way?

This has gone on for years away from home, and I don't agree or condone it in any way, but you aren't going to stop it by drawing even more attention to it by doing threads like this. Most well supported clubs have chants that are horrific, started before my time in the days hooligans started turning out in large numbers and has carried on in some ways, it's basically a song where people are saying "we hate someone so much we're going to sing horrific songs about them". It's a part of football that has carried on from previous decades that we could all do without, but please don't draw even more attention to it, attention are what the people are looking for when they sing it, do what I do and ignore it, it's the only way it will go away.

C_T_I_D said:
Heard them at Blackburn away on the concourse and to be honest I was embarrassed. The atmosphere was cracking on the terraces, but that almost spoiled the day for me. I'm not one to get on my high horse and I'm not going to tell people what to do because I believe in free will and freedom of speech, but my opinion is that it is disgusting.

The munich air disaster was a tragedy and it had nothing to do with football. Also although many say that United have milked it, would any other club be any different? They practically lost their whole first team, we lost an excellent goalkeeper who was reporting for a crappy paper (News Of The World).

I know they mock Foes death but why should we lower ourselves to their standards? We're better than that blues. Why create a poor media perception of a club based on a few chants that were uncalled for? Thankfully it was the minority of "supporters". I know that they won't stop, I know these threads have been done time and time before, but I was embarrassed to support the same football club as people who find it so easy to mock the dead.

The 50th anniversary of the Munich Air disaster silence shown that we can and have been impeccable in the past. It would be a shame if that was a one off and a shadow was cast over it. We were there to support Man City, not hate the rags. Leave it for later this month and rip them for other things because that is crossing the line.

In other news I saw De Niro (Bill) at Blackburn and he looked like he had dropped a few pounds!
ffs like an old record .... what were them cunts signing at leeds 2 week ago... it will never go away it gets handed down from generation to generation.. my lad just start high school and he's already signing it

berger1985 said:
There have been no end of threads moaning about the support on Saturday

Either they're closet rags or unhappy that we keep winning, but leave it out ffs

eshiers1 said:
while i dont like it, a large marjority of city fans sing songs like this, i dont join in but there's nothing we can do as a fanbase to stop it unfortunately
A small minority I think you mean. A large majority hate it and we can challenge those singing it. You will never stop people doing it in private but if they're doing it at a match or on a train then it should be made clear that it's unacceptable. you'll get the ritual abuse and "They sing about Foe" crap but they'll usually shut up.

Prestwich_Blue said:
eshiers1 said:
while i dont like it, a large marjority of city fans sing songs like this, i dont join in but there's nothing we can do as a fanbase to stop it unfortunately
A small minority I think you mean. A large majority hate it and we can challenge those singing it. You will never stop people doing it in private but if they're doing it at a match or on a train then it should be made clear that it's unacceptable. you'll get the ritual abuse and "They sing about Foe" crap but they'll usually shut up.

i think it really is a large majority, of our away support anyway
the old tevez song was always sung he hates munichs and was sung by many
the 'hello, hello we are the city boys..' was sung on saturday and everyone around me was saying munich

these sort of songs are sung by a majority (imo)

others (who's that dying/i know a girl etc) are certainly sung by a small minority but they're still there, heard them both in munich

eshiers1 said:
Really? Not me or any of the people I go with.
I would say it's a minority, but a very gobby and persistent one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.