Music from your youff

A list of bands I've never heard of :) I was never heavily into punk, though did and do listen to the more "mainstream" elements such as The Clash and The Stranglers. Mainstream and Punk must go down as a musical oxymoron though surely?
I’d have thought Rat Trap by the Boomtown Rats fit that description.

No.
There were hundreds of other bands like them that I didn’t like particularly.
I

Only kidding. They got a catchy bubblegum song or two and made a fortune especially in the States.
Years later the Hermits reformed and did well enough for them to give up their day jobs and concentrate on the act.
There were problems over the use of the name caused by Peter Noone who was always a twat.

I

Only kidding. They got a catchy bubblegum song or two and made a fortune especially in the States.
Years later the Hermits reformed and did well enough for them to give up their day jobs and concentrate on the act.
There were problems over the use of the name caused by Peter Noone who was always a twat.
I did like Georgie Fame ( born in Leigh) and the genius John Mayall (Macclesfield).

Love it.

My dad played Roy Orbison, Buddy Holly and the Beach Boys in the car continuously and now I love all their songs and have them on my music player.

You must have listened to Sunset102 with the 808 state lads? Every Monday night was it? And there was Stu Allan on key103 who presented Bus Diss in the late 80s.

Yep and yep mate :)

Still got a few tapes of that genre of radio broadcasts knocking about. I'll have to dig them out.

Top times.

It's more about what you missed in your younger days and discovered later, but feel free to derail ;)
I missed or perhaps passed over so much class music in my youth as I was so tunnel visioned on rock music.
Blues based
Prog
Folk or singer song writer
Some heavy metal, but had no interest in the big hair American stuff that came out of the 80’s
By then I was turning to Talking Heads, Talk Talk and the likes.

I had a load of exceptions along the way that I probably couldn’t put my finger on at the time, as to what they had that I liked, but as the decades have gone by I’ve rediscovered loads of genres from the 70’s that I ignored at the time. Because I was in a rock scene.

Soul
Punk
Pop rock
Cajun/Country

I’ll listen to anything on it’s merit, whether I lived through it’s heyday or not.

Everyday is an education in music in here. The A-Z thread I did back before summer opened my eyes again to tons of stuff I never heard.

For some reason Primal Scream completely passed me by until they went on before the Stones at Glastonbury in 2013.
Blew me away.
And as the previous poster says I have come to appreciate whole genres of music I would not have listened to in my teens.
Country, opera, classical, the great American songbook, early English choral, great church mass music among many.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.