Music Is Dead

Re: Music Is Dead!!!

BlakeTheBlue said:
Guys i appreciate what you are saying and i agree to an extent, But my point is why should we have to scrape around for the quality stuff while disposable garbage is force fed to us on a daily basis, You can try to block it out but it's gonna get through eventualy.

Do the majority actualy like this crap?

My main issue really was about our future generations. I understand that chart music has never been brilliant but it was never this bad, There was always something there... The Beatles, New order, Blur etc... Now there is nothing in the mainstream atall... Kings of Leon? Coldplay? Not the best are they.

Kids in 10 years time will be referenceing David Guetta as the legend who's music changed their lives... It's soul destroying stuff to witness.

It's always been this way. In their time the beatles were considered to be mainstream rubbish.
If you rely on radio and tv to find new music then you'll drown in a sea of wannabee warblers and bland pap. Try 6music (1-4pm) for original music on daytime radio.
I'd say it's easier to find good stuff now than it's ever been.
This is wednesdays playlist and has some belting new music
Prince & The Revolution — I Would Die 4 U Howler — Back Of Your Neck Minnie Riperton — Les Fleurs
Distinctive The Look — I Am The Beat
Chartblasters '81, K-Tel The Phenomenal Handclap Band — The Right One Liam Lynch — United States Of Whatever
Global Warming SBTRKT — Hold On
Young Turks The Byrds — Eight Miles High
Columbia Beth Jeans Houghton — Sweet Tooth Bird PJ Harvey — 50 Ft. Queenie
Island Beat — Hands Off She'S Mine
Go Feet Arctic Monkeys — Black Treacle
Domino Hot Chip — Ready For The Floor
CD SINGLE, EMI The All Seeing I — Beat Goes On
Ffrr Radiohead — Staircase
Ticker Tape Ltd. Susan Cadogan — Hurt So Good
Young Gifted & Black (Various), Trojan The Maccabees — Pelican
Pelican Single, Fiction, 1 The Maccabees — Feel To Follow
Polydor Leonard Cohen — Hey, That's No Way to Say Goodbye Animal Collective — Grass Supergrass — Richard Iii
Telstar Lana Del Rey — Born To Die
Polydor De La Soul — Me Myself And I
Warner Milagres — Here To Stay
Memphis Industries Florence + the Machine — No Light, No Light
Island Kraftwerk — Autobahn Saint Etienne — Like A Motorway Talking Heads — Road To Nowhere Bon Iver — Towers
4 A.D. BroadcastWed 11 Jan 201213:00BBC Radio 6 MusicMore detailsA programme from
Radcliffe and Maconie
Duration
180 minutes
More from BBC Radio 6 MusicGenres:
Entertainment
Music Rock & Indie Search term:
bbc.co.uk navigationNews Sport Weather iPlayer TV Radio More CBBC CBeebies Comedy Food Health History Learning Music Science Nature Local Northern Ireland Scotland Wales Full A-Z of BBC sites Site links6 Music Help
Message Boards
BBC linksAbout the BBC BBC Help Contact Us Accessibility Help Terms of Use Careers Privacy & Cookies © 2012
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.
This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.