Music you just don't get

lostmyhouseski said:
Daz_Blue said:
Techno ....... it is all shite, DJ on a stage spinning records while lights flash everywhere ......... and they always use songs from other bands and change them ....... Hate it .....

you have hit the nail on the head there mate. if it wasnt for e's it never would have taken off the ground.utter shite!

I love techno, and i've never taken an e, but you carry on mate ;)

Banned Tosspot said:
Pink Floyd. Overdone, overplayed dragged out tunes. One or two tracks are OK though. They leave me a bit cold.

The Floyd were good until 1970 when Sid Barrett left and they went up their own arses, playing self indulgent cack.

i cant get all that stuff that sounds like chipmonks, bands like scooter.

all this modern RnB stuff they have nowadays, utter shite man. RnB used to sound like sam n dave and was good.

all those road crash songs like "tell laura i love her" and "leader of the pack"
who wants to hear depressin shit like that?

and as its eurovision day, i can't recall one single song from any country that i could listen to more than once, complete bollocks i tell ya.

and dont get me started on soap 'stars' releasing records FFS

Rap - American blokes shouting.
Madness - nutty nonsense for children.
Techno/dance/trance - you need to be pilled out of your head to like it.
Wailing divas - just that.
Boy bands - words fail me.
Thrash/speed/death metal - by and for loners who wear black and hate themselves.
The Smiths/Morrissey - deliberately controversial attention-seeker who should be listening to thrash/speed/death metal.
Thud-thud - allows sociological misfits to get their own back on the rest of society.
Hip-hop - music for Asbos.

BTH said:
Thrash/speed/death metal - by and for loners who wear black and hate themselves.
The Smiths/Morrissey - deliberately controversial attention-seeker who should be listening to thrash/speed/death metal.
Thud-thud - allows sociological misfits to get their own back on the rest of society.
so what do you actually like then??

chesterbells said:
lostmyhouseski said:
you have hit the nail on the head there mate. if it wasnt for e's it never would have taken off the ground.utter shite!

I love techno, and i've never taken an e, but you carry on mate ;)

I have to agree on the whole techno/house music thing. Full of drugs they were great, but let's be honest, people who can't play a musical instrument are not really making music.

jordinho09 said:
BTH said:
so what do you actually like then??

Rock mainly, and the classic singer, guitar, bass and drums set-up will never be beaten in my book.

Mine's a broad church, believe it or not, but anyone who can play and play well will do for me, whether it's the back room of my local pub or a stadium. Having said that, I don't go to many concerts these days, but I went to see Roy Harper and Joanna Newsom in Brussels the other week. Now I know neither she nor harp music might not be everyone's cup of tea, but to see and hear her playing is an experience in itself; she's spellbinding.

A couple of years ago, I went to see German violinist Anne Sophie Mutter performing Mozart at the Bridgewater. No-one else was remotely interested in going so I went on my own. Now I'm no fan of Mozart, but to see and hear someone who is rightly regarded as one of the world's great virtuosos playing in Manchester more than justified my decision to go. She was astonishing.

I've got tons of stuff at my fingertips - I buy music all the time - so I could be listening to rock, folk, indie, punk, new wave, jazz, funk or classical. Depends how I feel at any given time.

Muse.

Every fucker seems to love them and they're never off the radio but I just don't get them. To me their songs are wanky and over the top. God, I hate them!

And another thing, the Knights of Snowdonia - wha 's all that about? Load of bollocks if you ask me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.