Must see documentaries..

The Kennedy Detail. Its a discovery channel film that I watched on putlocker.
The Secret Service officers assigned to President Kennedy during his time in office, and their story. Was lovely to watch a group of now old men recall their tales of looking after the Kennedy family. Some like Clint Hill were assigned to the First Lady, some would have to help watch the kids on a rota and of course guard the president. Interesting to listen to how it blended in with their own family lives and the contrast with them, and to listen to them talk of the obvious deep love and respect they felt for Kennedy and his family. Then they discuss the assassination and it is heartbreaking to see how still 50 yrs on they struggle with it and to listen to their individual struggles with it. These days it would be diagnosed as PTSD and they would have had help, but back then it wasnt recognised and it shows how they have all had blighted lives through it.
As an aside, what a fucking disgraceful liberty of a lie that conspiracy theory programme last year about one of the Secret Service agents shooting Kennedy was. This puts faces to the names and a truth to that awful lie. Have a watch, real gentleman and a fascinating real life account

"The town that took on the tax man", shown on BBC2 last week.

Any small business people need to get their head around what is happening with the likes of Google getting away with minimum tax, while they get nailed, this aims to do something about it.

Either the tax man applies the same rules to all by closing the loopholes, or small businesses band together an save a fortune.

Gasland? LOL. I didn't realize there were now two of them. The first one is/was so demonstrably fake (and faked) that I honestly feel sorry for anyone who was actually duped. I'm not sure I can make it through the second one, but may have to try. Wasn't the first one funded by lots of people in the oil business? I may be getting my propaganda films mixed up.

It's amazing what you can do with a camera. There's a documentary that gushed all over by the usual suspects a few years back that actually led to the release of three child murderers from West Memphis, Tennessee. They're all guiltier than sin (the actual evidence is all over the web, for anyone to review), but the film was pretty compelling.

The dark matter of love - a documentary about an american couple, who already have a daughter and adopt three kids from Russia. Fantastic, well worth a watch. Watched it on Netflix.

While not exactly 'must see' i recently watched 2 documentaries regarding enviromental issues that were a bit the of an eye opener.

The first one 'Who killed the Electric Car' is fairly old, and documents how something that was starting to have a positive impact was systematically killed off, so that business' could pursue higher profits etc.

The second was 'Cool it'. Basically puts across the argument that all the money being used to reduce emissions etc are being wasted or producing neglilable long term benefits, and that for a fraction of the cost there are better alternatives which could/should be explored.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.