MUTINY by players.Konspiracy??.... We will see

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
leewill31 said:
one point stands out for me these so called group of experienced professional footballers, from all sorts of different backgrounds allegadly remonstrated an 8-1 defeat to keep a manager so i dont think its impossible for these same players to do the same to get a manager sacked?

Let's assume they did. I'm not defending that. I can't.

However, do you not accept that there is a difference between making a point to a mad **** running the club for his own benefit in a match that counted for absolutely nothing in the scheme of things and most of the senior professionals in a squad deciding that they are going to virtually down tools for a season and destroy the reign of a manager whom none of them have ever had any dealings with before and have no reason to disrespct. Thus ruining a whole season and jeopadising the clubs's future, their own careers and the full season?

Do you honestly see the players, of previously good character apart from the one incident mentioned (one that some might say is understandable, if not defensible) deciding that they are going possibly throwing away their careers because they want something totally unrealistic like Sven coming back.

There's a world of difference between the alleged Boro incident and a season long revolt against someone that no-one has ever held a grudge with or has any reason to dislike other than actions he has committed himself. Even you have to acknowledge that.

lets just say and i am only saying to make a point that 4 of the main suspects are ball,elano,didi and dunne(dunne of which i find hard to belive),they in no uncertain terms by the media manager or however know that they will be replaced how do they react play out of there skins to save themselfs and hope to get picked up by another club or play mainly like they have or acted like they have in the past few months and make it look as though they dont give shit about club fans manager and even to an extent there careers.

i for one am not sure what the hell is going on and belive me when i say im not just putting blame on the players it could be hughes but the fact is he never had this trouble at blackburn from what i can recall.

time will tell when new players are brought in and players shifted out or just dont get the chance to play for the rest of the season,ive said before i will give hughes the chance till the end of the season if results are some what the same and we are still hearing all this crap from the club till the end of the season then and only then will i blame hughes.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
People quick to believe anything negative about the players and never questioning why they might act as described (and we don't know if that is true) or whether the management might hold some responsiblility.

I believe it's true because I trust Blue2112's info.

He has gone from castigating Hughes to at least acknowledging that Hughes has been up against it from certain players, and that speaks to me of someone who knows what he is talking about. It's balanced, measured and the result of fact (not fiction).

I don't believe Hughes is blameless, as I sense that his style of management is not suited to some of our players. However, I do believe that you cannot have mutiny in a football team. It seems to me that some have known for a while that they will be shipped out and, for whatever reason, they don't like it.

Ducado said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:
I keep eharing this comparison with top Euro clubs and the likes of Bayern and Madrid but what is it based on?

It seems it's based on nothing more than rumour.

To claim Hughes is implementing a regime that mirrors the best in the world is as riduclous as me claiming he is treating them like Blackpool beach donkeys without the evidence to back it up. It continues the theme of this thread. People quick to believe anything negative about the players and never questioning why they might act as described (and we don't know if that is true) or whether the management might hold some responsiblility.

I know for a fact that it has been the case for many years that the Rags have trained a lot harder than us

Harder training should surely have its benefits, its as simple as running, If you run 10 miles a day it will get easier, and you should beat the guy who runs 10 miles a week.

projectriver said:
Possibly the modern equivalent. Like others say "old dogs".

But that wasnt the point I was making. I doubt that Dunne or Vassell (I think they would do the work and keep their mouths shut save for a special meeting) are on the hit list due to attitude (ability and performances maybe) and Ball has been selected over Garrido recently so I doubt that he is top of the hit list either. But I think the analogy does apply to the Jo's (I think Blue2112 suggested he has a problem getting to training), Elanos (the most obvious trouble maker despite his talents) and the Johnsons.

Anyway Im not as well connected as in the past so its all speculation from me.

I am quite willing to uy into the rumours about Jo's and Elano's attitude. It somewhat tallies with the evidence I have seen with my own eyes on the pitch.

That is not what we are being asked to buy into here though. And it is not what Hughes, his leaks, the press supporting him and his apologists ask uis to believe either.

They do ask us to believe that 80% of the squad, men of previous good character, are all of a sudden bastards and this is why Hughes has prodcued woeful results.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
bluebeard said:
Hughes is paid to MANAGE they are paid to PLAY, you canot have the tail wagging the dog!

Maybe they thought if true that they could get rid of him and a new manager a la Sven would be brought in to preserve the Status Quo??' Just a thought

But we are told that Sven was this excpetionally soft bastard who has little equal in the slineless bastard stakes. Therefore they are not going to expect that getting someone like him in is a realistic prospect, no matter how much they complain.

Also, again, you are keen to doubt the professional opinion of numerous footballers who have worked under numerous different managers and rgimes but will not even question the judgement of one man who has only been a club manager in one isolated situation (one which may bear little relation to the situation and type of players he has inherited). I'm not sure why this is. It's not like I am asking you to question Pravda, just to keep an open mind. The way that men of previous excellent character are automatically being writen off as twats by people who used to be their 'fans' suggests that people really do think that the men from the Stasi will be knocking on the door if they don't agree with the party line without question

Regardless of the rhetoric and posturing on both sides of the argument JMA, you must agree that the truth lies somewhere in the middle?

Hughes is probably pretty dogmatic in his management style...

However...

Performances like the one against Forest, regardless of unhappiness with training, management, etc are simply unacceptable.

For the, the most telling thing is that Blue2112, who is pretty much about as anti-Hughes as you can get, has said there are some proper bad eggs in the dressing room who need to be banished forthwith, and Hughes needs to be given a chance to bring in the players he wants...and...even more tellingly, our three most influential players this season aside from Robinho, (SWP, Ireland, Kompany), are from what I gather, happy with Hughes and training.

Again, I'm not saying Hughes is blameless, and there are clearly issues behind the scenes. However, the balanced approach right now has to be "wait and see"...

Ducado said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:
I keep eharing this comparison with top Euro clubs and the likes of Bayern and Madrid but what is it based on?

It seems it's based on nothing more than rumour.

To claim Hughes is implementing a regime that mirrors the best in the world is as riduclous as me claiming he is treating them like Blackpool beach donkeys without the evidence to back it up. It continues the theme of this thread. People quick to believe anything negative about the players and never questioning why they might act as described (and we don't know if that is true) or whether the management might hold some responsiblility.

I know for a fact that it has been the case for many years that the Rags have trained a lot harder than us

Let's hear the evidence then.

It's easy to state something like that and I am quite willing to believe it if faced with evidence.

However, faced with jsut a blunt statement and the numerous 'they are doing what Madrid and Bayern do, I've heard' statement s that have been all over here I ask for a little more than "I have head.

Especially when, and I appreciate you haven't made this comparison, most of them are sticking to the line/rum,our/hearsay that they are doing what Madrid do. One of the most notorious player led, shambolic, easy going clubs in Europe, with a reputation for anything but taking a hard line with their players.

I'm quite willing to change my mind when faced with evidence or some sort of semi conclusive detail or description. Especially when it is not just a comparison between just two clubs (it's possible we could be comparing the best two teams in the world at training or the worst two). I have to go now but I'll check back later.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
However, faced with jsut a blunt statement and the numerous 'they are doing what Madrid and Bayern do, I've heard' statement s that have been all over here I ask for a little more than "I have head.

For all we know factually, we could do the same as Madrid and Bayern do in turn up at 10 and go home at half 2.

I'm guessing that there is something in this & that certain players are seeing their arse as they are being told to train in a different way to what they have been accustomed to.

IMHO Sven comes across as so laid back he is horizontal and Hughes a bit of a ball breaker, so perhaps the training methods are chalk and cheese.

If we look at Blackburn under Hughes, they came on stronger second half of the season = improved fitness

Coupled with the fact we can now replace the dead and ageing wood and that most players places are under review I can see there being grounds for a bit of a revolt.

Time will tell on this one, however if this is not a rumour but bears more than a resemblance to the truth then I am with Hughes and he should be backed to the hilt to get rid of any player who is involved in throwing a game for our beloved club. The twats

Not going to defend the 8-1, or players deliberately undermining the manager.

But surely a good leader can cope with players questioning his methods? Possibly even embrace feedback, and encourage his staff to have some sort of involvement in the way things are run.

A bad leader will just ignore criticism, and scapegoat those that question him.

Sven has coached top european teams (Benfica, Roma, Fiorentina, Sampdoria, Lazio). Shouldn't he know what it takes to be a top european team?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.