MUTINY by players.Konspiracy??.... We will see

moomba said:
der-bomber said:
Hughes has won more silverware as a player than our entire f-ucking squad put together...

Is that so (not that it's particularly relevant)?

Yeah since everyone thinks since Hughes won trophies as a player he should be the best manager in the world.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Especially in Billy's case who, although we disagree on a lot (and here's the patronising bit), can forumulate a fine argument when the insults are left at home. By the same rule, I may have slipped into a slight insult phase in my conversations with him myself. Regardless, any insults from both sides were almost always surrounded with argument and not just a schoolboy attempt to boost our respective egos.

Aww, that's the nicest thing anyone's ever said about me on this board...you're going soft in yer old age JMA...;- )

Any player that protests in such a way as the Boro game,
Forest game etc and brings ridicule and abuse on our
beloved club, can FU*K OFF for me.
I have been mocked by Burnley, Stoke, Wigan and even Hull
fans for how shit we have played and I'm not happy.
The Boro game was definitely a protest and maybe some
Billy Bigbollocks thought they could domit again.
Good for them!!! at the true fans expense, as I say
just FU*K OFF and go and ply your mercenary trade at some
lower league on a third of the wages.
I feel better for that after all the shit I've taken recently.

OB1 said:
projectriver said:
Come on we all know this isnt true. Im no fan of Hughes right now but we all know the results after the exceptional start were equally poor under Sven.

And part of the reason for that was that they saw Sven as a dead man walking and also that they didn't feel they had much to play for because for sometime they believed they would qualify for Europe via the Fair Play. The team also lost players who had been important when they were doing well (Richards and Johnson) and Elano was by his claims affected adversely by an injury.

I dont think anyone wants another Sven v Hughes debate but even if I accept the dead man walking theory, this doesnt explain the dire performances from November to March (ie before it even emerged that Sven was under serious threat)?

BillyShears said:
mammutly said:
Your childish abuse aside Billy, yes. The best players will only respect managers who have won lots of trophies. It's a competitive world is football ;-)

Still talking out of your arse then Mutley...because the best players in our squad seem happy to respect Hughes...it's the not so hot players who seem to have a problem...

Do they? How do you know that Billy?

mammutly said:

I'm not about to divulge something someone has told me in confidence. It'll be a struggle for you, but you're going to have to take my word for it...or figure out who told me, and PM them, and hope they tell you too...

Peace out Mutley...

Blue2112 said:
I don't know if his training methods are effective or not I suppose the proof will be shown over the next 6/12 months if he gets that time. One could argue that currently his training methods are failing as we seem to have a split camp. I know some of the things they've worked on, one in particular which is played at high tempo culminated with the Brazilians or more to the point one of them persistently slowing it down. He was on the bench the following day sat there with his trainers on. Other new ideas have been introduced that personally I see nothing wrong with and can only benefit the team and again some of them dont like it. Also I do know Hughes asks his defenders and forwards to each run a certain number of km's per game, same for his midfielders (think its 11 each for them) Ireland averages way above (14km's in some games) followed closely by Swp whilst Robinho, Elano etc fall way short, ok so they are different players with different attributes but its demanding for Ireland and Swp to continually run they're guts out each week for the others. Watch Stevie chase down midfielders time and again only to watch the ball passed sideways so that he has to run at least 10/20 yards to close another player down because his other midfielders aren't doing it themselves. They also have to run approx 3km at a fast tempo as a team unit, so all the short paced quick bursts of speed are added together, the idea is over a season this workrate will overpower most teams culminating in winning the ball more and winning more games.

Very interesting, thanks for posting that. A few points.

Tempo is decided by the manager, players have to deal with it.

I really question the value of setting set distances for midfielders to run, especially for defenders and it really makes me wonder if this is the cause of some of our defensive problems this season. Midfield is probably more important but does Robinho (for example) really have to cover a set distance to be a good player? Surely there is more to the game than that.

I also wonder how your source knows what other peoples stats are? Are they posted on the noticeboard so the "naughty kids" can be singled out?

And finally I wonder how Hughes would have coped with someone like Berbatov if our bid was successful. I suspect not very well.

vbr said:
Yeah since everyone thinks since Hughes won trophies as a player he should be the best manager in the world.

Paul Ince is a better manager than Mourinho apparently.

It's no surprise if I say that some, possibly a lot of, the players are not fond of Hughes (but do want to be at City). However, the complaint I've heard made no mention of the training methods and I know that at least one of the players mentioned as a possible culprit did not think the team trained hard enough under Pearce and used to go and do extra running on his own when he got home from training!

The complaint I've heard is that Hughes has very little to do with the team and that meeting, if it took place, may have been the only time some players ever had a conversation with Hughes. I'm also told that a lot of the training is taken by the physios, which might fit with all the running stuff. Also the coaches (Tafia) don't eat lunch with the players; although what they do is a mystery. I'm also told that one of the players had a chat with some of the Blackburn players at Ewood about Hughes and by the sound of it Hughes was far less aloof at Blackburn, which led the player to conclude that Hughes has perhaps changed his style because he has moved to a big club! I also told that the players think they have enough quality to be top 6 / 8 and put the under achievement down to how they are being managed (or not as the case may be). Indeed one player expressed the view that they were sick of Hughes' constant excuses and took the view that the guy had a stronger squad than the one Sven took to 9th place and that he should quit whinging and get on with it.

I also heard a quote from one player that he's surprised Wayne Bridge didn't put in a transfer request after witnessing Saturday's debacle!

BillyShears said:
mammutly said:

I'm not about to divulge something someone has told me in confidence. It'll be a struggle for you, but you're going to have to take my word for it...or figure out who told me, and PM them, and hope they tell you too...

Peace out Mutley...

That's what I say to rabbits when I shoot them.

Maybe I'll PM you and we can finally get that pint. ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.