MUTINY by players.Konspiracy??.... We will see

mackenzie said:
But it will take a Manager who is allowed to do the job from beginning to end I think. We can't keep having Managers who keep inheriting some other Managers "deadwood" (and I use that term in a very loose way) because all we keep getting is a transition.

I disagree. It will happen as we buy top 4 calibre players and they replace the ones that aren't performing.

Not saying Hughes IS the answer, but lets please get someone who can really stamp his identity on this Club?

It would be nice, but not the be-all and end all. And (we may disagree on this), if Hughes identity is stamped on the club I hope they haven't used permanent ink. ;)

Wether we are talking about a mutiny or a conspiracy against what the players perceive as an inept manager,what I want is to see is 11 players sweating blood for Manchester City on the pitch.If they are deemed to be "professional" we have seen only glimpses of it in recent weeks.
If you get well paid to do a job then do it and sort differences out after or ask for a transfer.
What we witnessed on Saturday,at Blackburn for 85minutes,West Brom and at home to Everton is far short of what the suppoorters deserve.
In my 51 years of supporting City I have seen some dark times but what has annoyed me this season is the total indifference to the situation that the players have found themselves in in certain games
As for training we were just as bad in the second half of last season with the so called "laissez faire" training methods of Sven as we are under Sgt Major Hughes's methods The only conclusion can be that we have players who either don't care wether they are inconsistent under what ever regime is in charge
I have worked for good bosses and those who were bastards but you were paid to do a job so thats what you did wether or not you liked whoever was in charge or not
If the board at City recognise that certain players are not seen to be toeing the line they will back Hughes to the hilt as all bosses always back up their middle management Any going over managements head and appealing to a higher level is always ignored As it seems by reports from after Saturdays game Hughes appears to have the ear and backing of those in power so expect the dissenters to be eased out,
As for Dunne a shadow of the player we have seen in recent seasons may be "piggy in the middle" as club captain would be the first port of call by those with any axe to grind
The galling thing is for the most part the same group of players have produced magical performances inbetween playing like idiots.
Who knows what the solution may be but I pray these problems we appear to have are resolved quickly as I dont want any more time spent outside the top tier of English football At least my bachelor days were spent following a fairy tale rise to the summit of the English game I was 30yo last time we won anything of note and am now 62 and haven't the time left to wait for success to come around that I have craved for such along time

I do not know how to quote, but Hughes has certainly not won more silverware as a player than our squad all together.

SWP - 2 league titles and 1 fa cup
Robinho - 2 Spanish titles and 1 Spanish league cup
Hamann - 2 german titles, 2 uefa cups,2 fa cups,2 league cups, 1 champions league and 2 super cups
Sturridge - 1 fa youth cup

Hughes-league titles 2, 4 fa cups, 2 league cups and 1 super cup

City edge it 18-9. Close though

Alex Harley said:
Wether we are talking about a mutiny or a conspiracy against what the players perceive as an inept manager,what I want is to see is 11 players sweating blood for Manchester City on the pitch.If they are deemed to be "professional" we have seen only glimpses of it in recent weeks.
If you get well paid to do a job then do it and sort differences out after or ask for a transfer.
What we witnessed on Saturday,at Blackburn for 85minutes,West Brom and at home to Everton is far short of what the suppoorters deserve.
In my 51 years of supporting City I have seen some dark times but what has annoyed me this season is the total indifference to the situation that the players have found themselves in in certain games
As for training we were just as bad in the second half of last season with the so called "laissez faire" training methods of Sven as we are under Sgt Major Hughes's methods The only conclusion can be that we have players who either don't care wether they are inconsistent under what ever regime is in charge
I have worked for good bosses and those who were bastards but you were paid to do a job so thats what you did wether or not you liked whoever was in charge or not
If the board at City recognise that certain players are not seen to be toeing the line they will back Hughes to the hilt as all bosses always back up their middle management Any going over managements head and appealing to a higher level is always ignored As it seems by reports from after Saturdays game Hughes appears to have the ear and backing of those in power so expect the dissenters to be eased out,
As for Dunne a shadow of the player we have seen in recent seasons may be "piggy in the middle" as club captain would be the first port of call by those with any axe to grind
The galling thing is for the most part the same group of players have produced magical performances inbetween playing like idiots.
Who knows what the solution may be but I pray these problems we appear to have are resolved quickly as I dont want any more time spent outside the top tier of English football At least my bachelor days were spent following a fairy tale rise to the summit of the English game I was 30yo last time we won anything of note and am now 62 and haven't the time left to wait for success to come around that I have craved for such along time

Great post Mr. Harley...

i and about 18 other fans watched training through the fence the day before the forest game and it was poor heads down body language shocking 4 players were trying robby,frenandes,clayton,,marshall. tel b was training on his own no s ireland the first team coach eddie something was taking the session .do you think it is ideal your first team coach was a goalie he is the guy who says who should come from the reserves to the first team,after watching blackburn reserves against blyth tonight iam begining to wonder are we in deep shit because blackburn looked wank and these are the products of our current first team coach and reserve team manager and staff .at the end of the day what you see of the current blackburn reserves and fringe players is there idea of a good player

mr t said:
Bluebeer said:
Only a fortnight previously, a group of players, prominently featuring Brazilian Elano and Israeli defender Tal Ben Haim, called a team meeting with the express purpose of denegrating Hughes's tactics.

One player - no longer in the squad - recently went to Cook to complain (unsuccessfully) about the manager.

Against this background, it is clear why Hughes feels the need to shake up his squad and isolate those who appear to have lost the desire to play for him.

Michael Ball, Didi Hamann, Elano and Jo would not figure in another Hughes team in his ideal world.

Who is the player no longer in the squad - Is it Tal Ben Haim?

I ask this because after the Santander game my mate told me that both he and Elano had been told that they would never play for City again. Now Elano is on the scene but as for Ben Haim................

Ben Haim was a sub or played every match from 2/8/8 to 18/12/8, he's not been the team since 21/12/8. I checked here see if he has an injury. http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php. He's fit to play, i think.

Alex Harley said:

Good post

Russ218 said:
mr t said:
Who is the player no longer in the squad - Is it Tal Ben Haim?

I ask this because after the Santander game my mate told me that both he and Elano had been told that they would never play for City again. Now Elano is on the scene but as for Ben Haim................

Ben Haim was a sub or played every match from 2/8/8 to 18/12/8, he's not been the team since 21/12/8. I checked here see if he has an injury. http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php. He's fit to play, i think.

Yeah it's Ben Haim who is no longer in the squad or Hughes first-team plans. He's the twat that went to Cook.

Blue2112 said:
I don't know if his training methods are effective or not I suppose the proof will be shown over the next 6/12 months if he gets that time. One could argue that currently his training methods are failing as we seem to have a split camp. I know some of the things they've worked on, one in particular which is played at high tempo culminated with the Brazilians or more to the point one of them persistently slowing it down. He was on the bench the following day sat there with his trainers on. Other new ideas have been introduced that personally I see nothing wrong with and can only benefit the team and again some of them dont like it. Also I do know Hughes asks his defenders and forwards to each run a certain number of km's per game, same for his midfielders (think its 11 each for them) Ireland averages way above (14km's in some games) followed closely by Swp whilst Robinho, Elano etc fall way short, ok so they are different players with different attributes but its demanding for Ireland and Swp to continually run they're guts out each week for the others. Watch Stevie chase down midfielders time and again only to watch the ball passed sideways so that he has to run at least 10/20 yards to close another player down because his other midfielders aren't doing it themselves. They also have to run approx 3km at a fast tempo as a team unit, so all the short paced quick bursts of speed are added together, the idea is over a season this workrate will overpower most teams culminating in winning the ball more and winning more games.

interesting

the more we learn, the more it seems there are bad apples at the club and the more it seems the problem lies at least partly the players

but I'm also a little concerned about what we're hearing about Hughes, he seems a bit cold and dictatorial - IMO you need to be flexible, carrot and the stick, he's talking about not having much time to talk to players, and supposedly he doesn't take training often

he has a lot of man management challenges - seems to have lost Elano and Hamann (though not sure how much we should blame him) but how he handles Richards, Johnson, Robinho remains to be seen

was a big fan of Hughes (as a manager) before he took over, now on the fence

Disturbance said:
So the way to win in the Premier League is to run further than the opposition? Genius

I'm sure its all well thought out and designed to give both stamina nd explosiveness

can't imagine its just endless laps of the piches

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.