MUTINY by players.Konspiracy??.... We will see

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jan/05/manchester-city-mark-hughes-player-revolt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009 ... yer-revolt</a>

vbr said:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jan/05/manchester-city-mark-hughes-player-revolt
Interesting column, but I am still worried about all this 'he said...', 'she said...', 'a source said...' nonsense. With Hughes or against him, it really is hard to extrapolate the real hard facts and truth of this whole saga.

One thing I do know, regardless of who's to blame, it makes our club look like a fucking shambles and it needs to stop.

Even the fellow in the security cabin was told to take down his Manchester City posters and Ricky Hatton memorabilia because Hughes felt it created the wrong impression.

What's wrong with the security lad having a few City posters up? Jesus.

vbr said:
Even the fellow in the security cabin was told to take down his Manchester City posters and Ricky Hatton memorabilia because Hughes felt it created the wrong impression.

What's wrong with the security lad having a few City posters up? Jesus.
That is taking it all a bit too far, but rightly or wrongly I can see what Hughes is trying to do. He's trying to turn it into a bootcamp. A no-nonsense training base. I agree that the poor security guard should be allowed a couple of City posters up, really don't see the problem, but I agree with the rest of what Hughes is trying to put in place.

That said, maybe the mistake Hughes has made from day one is to assume that the players he inherited would react favourably to that. I get the impression the work ethic of some of our lads might not be up to much.

I was sitting on the fence whether I wanted Hughes to stay or go but now after reading all these rumours it all makes sense now that some of the players are being complete pricks and very unproffesional and now Hughes will get my full backing whilst he gets rid of the bad apples.

Wonder who is feeding all of this shite to the press?

Hughes? Drops names of a few players, gets managers salivating and they put in an offer two. Next thing you know, bye bye Elano and co. Perfect way to GET RID of players really, perhaps not the best way to SELL but I guess we don't really need the money anymore in that sense.

I'm not choosing sides and lapping up this shit just yet. But people need to realise that in the same way that the players aren't bigger than the club, neither is the manager. Something tells me that Hughes thinks he can treat players the same way as Ferguson does. Sorry Mark, but how many trophies have you won? Respect and it's associated authority comes with success, but untill you do get some then I suggest you don't get too big for your boots either.

vbr said:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jan/05/manchester-city-mark-hughes-player-revolt
Right, this is happening too often now: stories ('rumours') appearing on Bluemoon one minute and then in the press the next.

Either the Guardian are using Bluemoon as a source or the original poster lied when he said he was told this weeks ago and was in fact informed of it yesterday by someone working at the Guardian.

It makes no sense that something that supposedly happened over a month ago should surface on both Bluemoon and in the national press on the very same day. It's just too much of a coincidence, so one of them must be copying off the other.

I dont often post on here but as a season ticket holder on and off for many years there is fundamentaly something wrong at our club and to me its the culture in the dressing room-for years this club has blamed all on the manager and too often its being them to get the sack and its only now that we at LONG LAST are we pointing the finger at these pathetic prima donna overpaid crap footballers that plague our football club.Hughes should get our full backing because it seems he has the bollocks to get rid of anybody who doesnt fit in his regime.

Does anyone remember Elano's pathetic display in the Sheffield Cup game last year?Pathetic isnt the word-he wanted to come off because he couldnt handle the pensioner Gary Speed-hes a joke who loves pinging passes with rainbows behind them.

And on another note do any of you lot remember the player power regime that got Brian Clough the boot from Leeds in the 70's because they couldnt handle his training programme?And look what he went on to do!!!

CTID

Daniel Sturridge said:
I was sitting on the fence whether I wanted Hughes to stay or go but now after reading all these rumours it all makes sense now that some of the players are being complete pricks and very unproffesional and now Hughes will get my full backing whilst he gets rid of the bad apples.

Hughes' PR has done it's job then. These stories are obviously being leaked from inside the club. Hughes has delivered appalling results up to now and does not have a trophy-winning CV to fall back on therefore he is trying to appease the fans by blaming it all on player in fighting. It seems to me he cares more about his own reputation than dragging the club's name through the mud.

Disturbance said:
Hughes' PR has done it's job then. These stories are obviously being leaked from inside the club. Hughes has delivered appalling results up to now and does not have a trophy-winning CV to fall back on therefore he is trying to appease the fans by blaming it all on player in fighting. It seems to me he cares more about his own reputation than dragging the club's name through the mud.

Exactly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.