My 10 year olds tears.

I cried like a baby after the game and I'm not ashamed to say it. It's been a flaming long time since Wembley '76 and I had really dared to believe that we could do it again.

FA Cup here we come:-)

Bilboblue said:
carlitocool said:
you sound like an idiot.

And you don't???
Why don't you fuck off if you have nothing constructive to say?

I can remember 11 years ago when my lad was 9, we had lost in the 3rd division AGAIN, can't remember what game, might have been York away, we went to the game, my lad slept in the car most of the way back.
When we got back he told me how much the other lads at school had been taking the piss out of him about supporting City (we live in Southampton) saints, yoonighted, liverpool, spuds, arsenal fans all ganged up on him, and all he had until that point to come back with was: 'At least I go to see my team'
Anywya, he told me that night he wasn't sure he wanted to support City anymore, he really liked Arsenal.
I was gutted. Took a few minutes for it to sink in, had a coffee and composed myself then told him, ok, it is entirely up to you, you can like Arsenal if you want, but you will never be a supporter, only a fan, and a glory hunter, the very type of kid you don't like.
Also, the only time I will ever take you to see them is when they play City. Reminded him that supporting a club like City is about passion and a sense of belonging, I left it with him to decide what he wanted and went to bed.

Next morning I got woken by a knock on the door by a young smiling lad with a football in his hand and the words, can we go for a kickabout dad?

best thing was, he was in full City kit (Kinkladze signed shirt) and on the way to the park he apologised for being stupid, made me so proud.
A few short months later he was up jumping up and down before me when Dickov got our second at Wemberlee!

Keep the faith.........

Sometimes our kids have far more intelligence than we expect, don't they blue!?

carlitocool...your a cock, if your a kid, stay out of threads you don't understand, if your not a kid and your wife is baron, I feel for you.

Thanks for all your stories, it just shows what blues are about.
The guy who told his dad it was his fault reminds me of me as I say the same to my dad(i'm 39)

I dont speak to my dad too much the distance, other things. But when I call him now if we talk about football.....I'm just glad of free minutes.

We were not close when I was a kid as he adopted me. But I remember going to the kippax maybe 76-77 with him and his brother and everyone they met said hello and I mean everyone. My dad was a postman and I thought he was ace that he knew all these great people that loved MY team.
Then I went on a school trip and met John Bond and asked him why did he spend all the money in the world on Trevor Francis, he told me that he was the best player in the world!
And then I met Joe Corrigan, it was like winning the lottery.

Sorry just going on............but great memories of being a young city fan

fruitcake8685 said:
Thanks for all your stories, it just shows what blues are about.
The guy who told his dad it was his fault reminds me of me as I say the same to my dad(i'm 39)

I dont speak to my dad too much the distance, other things. But when I call him now if we talk about football.....I'm just glad of free minutes.

We were not close when I was a kid as he adopted me. But I remember going to the kippax maybe 76-77 with him and his brother and everyone they met said hello and I mean everyone. My dad was a postman and I thought he was ace that he knew all these great people that loved MY team.
Then I went on a school trip and met John Bond and asked him why did he spend all the money in the world on Trevor Francis, he told me that he was the best player in the world!
And then I met Joe Corrigan, it was like winning the lottery.

Sorry just going on............but great memories of being a young city fan

Big Joe was a few rows in front of us on Wednesday night mate.
Mike Doyle was just across the aisle too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.