My 10 year olds tears.

Feel proud to be a blue reading this thread. All the stories of people's kids hope you feel proud as well.

I had similar thing with my 11 yeard old. Took him to the swamp for the first time. He cried at the final whistle and I couldn't do anything to console him. I was gutted but just totally numb. Seen it too many times but even more gutted for my lad.

Next morning my lad was getting ready for school and I thought about how he'd been wearing his City scarf to school all week. I thought I hope he's wearing it today but I won't say anything if he's not. I could understand him not wanting to bring it on himself. Anyway I go downstairs and there he was, not wearing his scarf but wearing his City shirt (charity wear your own clothes day at school). I felt as proud as anything. I said "are you sure you want to wear that today" and he just gave me a straight "Yes". Dropped him off at school and off he walked head held high. I didn't cry myself the night before but I bloody felt like it that morning.

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
excuse the nose picking he does but think I have brainwashed my 4 year old...the end is the funniest

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzEgDpzzwLs[/youtube]
Love it, it reminds me of my oldest son training his sons to be City fans...........just like their Granddad

robsta said:
Feel proud to be a blue reading this thread. All the stories of people's kids hope you feel proud as well.

I had similar thing with my 11 yeard old. Took him to the swamp for the first time. He cried at the final whistle and I couldn't do anything to console him. I was gutted but just totally numb. Seen it too many times but even more gutted for my lad.

Next morning my lad was getting ready for school and I thought about how he'd been wearing his City scarf to school all week. I thought I hope he's wearing it today but I won't say anything if he's not. I could understand him not wanting to bring it on himself. Anyway I go downstairs and there he was, not wearing his scarf but wearing his City shirt (charity wear your own clothes day at school). I felt as proud as anything. I said "are you sure you want to wear that today" and he just gave me a straight "Yes". Dropped him off at school and off he walked head held high. I didn't cry myself the night before but I bloody felt like it that morning.

Bet he was alright he doesnt go to a school in London does he?

I promised to take my 3 year old girl Edie to Wembley (don't worry, she's already been to COMS for a few games and the tour) if we won against the "dirty reds" and we were all a bit heart broken.

However, I cheered her up by teaching her some songs. She's not quite word perfect (for obvious reasons) yet, but it has been good enough to make it as my new ringtone!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-tKwP5JIC8[/youtube]

Gives u a good feeling reading these posts.

Difficult around Wrexham most people r either Liverpool or Man U fans!

Anyway i bought my teenage daughter (whose a Liverpool fan!! argh school friends etc and has a crush on Torres) a season ticket just so she coud experience premiership football!

Shes been a few times never been forced and loved the first semi leg.

Now shes stickin up for City in her school and loves singing the chants and knows all the players first teamers and squad players!

Admits she knows more City players than Livepool players and is starting to feel guilty as she wants to support City but feels loyal to Liverpool!

Told her not to worry just come and enjoy it and u never know we might buy Torres in the summer!

robsta said:

Quality..got a little tear in my eye reading that!

This always cheers me up:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILxlVqf2fYU[/youtube]

carlitocool said:
you sound like an idiot.

And you don't???
Why don't you fuck off if you have nothing constructive to say?

I can remember 11 years ago when my lad was 9, we had lost in the 3rd division AGAIN, can't remember what game, might have been York away, we went to the game, my lad slept in the car most of the way back.
When we got back he told me how much the other lads at school had been taking the piss out of him about supporting City (we live in Southampton) saints, yoonighted, liverpool, spuds, arsenal fans all ganged up on him, and all he had until that point to come back with was: 'At least I go to see my team'
Anywya, he told me that night he wasn't sure he wanted to support City anymore, he really liked Arsenal.
I was gutted. Took a few minutes for it to sink in, had a coffee and composed myself then told him, ok, it is entirely up to you, you can like Arsenal if you want, but you will never be a supporter, only a fan, and a glory hunter, the very type of kid you don't like.
Also, the only time I will ever take you to see them is when they play City. Reminded him that supporting a club like City is about passion and a sense of belonging, I left it with him to decide what he wanted and went to bed.

Next morning I got woken by a knock on the door by a young smiling lad with a football in his hand and the words, can we go for a kickabout dad?

best thing was, he was in full City kit (Kinkladze signed shirt) and on the way to the park he apologised for being stupid, made me so proud.
A few short months later he was up jumping up and down before me when Dickov got our second at Wemberlee!

Keep the faith.........

I'm 15 (16 in April) and I cried. When shrek headed it in, I was devastated I couldnt believe it. I was in my seat, head in hands. And my dads mate came up to me, put his arm around me and said - Don't worry, we'll make it one day. It was a special moment. I hate going to the swamp, cried earlier in the season aswell when Owen scored!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.