My belief

I had 11/1 on liverpool winning in November. I was tempted but unfort am not a gambling man.

So advised my liverpool fan mate to do it and he did.

He only put a £10 and only yday was moaning that he should down more.

proudbear said:
Der Bomber said:
Almost all league winners drop at least some points over their last 4 fixtures. I believe the average number since the EPL began is around 4.

dippers are not as good as us and they are not nearly as good as the average League-winner over the past 21 years. They will drop points.

Im sorry but thats rubbish. 10 wins on the fly, with two top scorers over 20 and one who might possibly beat the record is not bad, and who was arguably the best side away weve faced. Its very very good and ill give Liverpool credit where its due, they have been amazing.

But i agree that they will drop points, Mourinho just has to win there, its the ultimate ego boost. If he wins hell be deemed 'the one who stopped Liverpool' and it will be a serious Chelsea boost as well. But that will then benefit us if we win all our 6 games.

One of their top strikers is now injured and their in form midfielder got sent off against us banning him from playing until their last game of the season. They now too are actually playing teams that have something to play for, it will be extremely difficult for them just like it will be for us.

Skashion said:
malg said:
Skashion said:
I'll let you in on a little secret. You must keep this quiet though. Right, most pundits, not that clever. Mum's the word though don't forget.
Quality - and true.
The season we won the title:
Jeff Stelling

stellling_2358803.jpg

Champions: Man Utd
Second: Man City
Third: Liverpool
Fourth: Chelsea
Fifth: Arsenal
Bottom three: QPR, Blackburn, Wigan
Top scorer: Wide open, but I'd say Luis Suarez
Best buy: Shay Given
Worst buy: Let's wait and see...
First manager to go: Warnock, Kean and Pardew are in the most danger

I'm looking forward to... encouraging Tiss to change his regular tipple of Malibu and Coke to something more manly!

Matt Le Tissier

150511MattLeTissier_2597181.jpg

Champions: Chelsea
Second: Man Utd
Third: Man City
Fourth: Arsenal
Fifth: Tottenham
Bottom three: Swansea, Norwich, Wigan
Top scorer: Wayne Rooney
Best buy: Sergio Aguero
Worst buy: Stewart Downing (overpriced at £20m)
First manager to go: Roberto Mancini

I'm looking forward to... seeing all the new talent that's come in over the summer. There's a lot of international stars arriving and I'm interested to see how they fit in. Lukaku sounds like an exciting prospect for Chelsea, I'd like to see how David de Gea does regularly for Man Utd and Sergio Aguero should be a big hit if he settles in quickly.

Paul Merson

140511PaulMerson_2596622.jpg

Second: Chelsea
Third: Man City (but lower if Tevez goes)
Fifth: Liverpool
Bottom three: QPR, Swansea, Norwich
Top scorer: Fernando Torres
Best buy: Charles N'Zogbia
Worst buy: Jordan Henderson's price was OTT
First manager to go: Alan Pardew, but I honestly hope nobody goes

I'm looking forward to... the first season in Premier League history when any of six teams can win it. Harry says Spurs have no chance, but they will be around; you'd like to think Liverpool are back; Arsenal will wipe the floor with teams on their day; Man City are there and Man United and Chelsea are definitely up there. They can all cause problems for each other and it's massive game after massive game every week. Plus there's about nine teams that could go down. As a neutral, that's brilliant.

Phil Thompson

140511PhilThompson_2596614.jpg

Third: Liverpool
Fourth: Man City
Fifth: Arsenal (assuming Fabregas and Nasri leave)
Bottom three: QPR, Swansea, Wigan (but Newcastle will be in the mix)
Top scorer: Javier Hernandez
Best buy: Charlie Adam could be a bargain
Worst buy: Too early to say!
First manager to go: Too harsh to say!

I'm looking forward to... as a Liverpool fan I'd say Luis Suarez. I think he was the snip of last season at £22m because of the unpredictability and excitement he brings. Goals, assists... he gives you everything. I look forward to going to Anfield more than ever to see him play and other fans feel the same. That's because he can do something out of the ordinary and put bums on seats.

Charlie Nicholas

150511CharlieNicholas_2597175.jpg

Third: Man City
Fifth: Tottenham
Bottom three: QPR, Swansea, Wigan
Top scorer: Javier Hernandez
Best buy: David de Gea
Worst buy: Sergio Aguero isn't value for money
First manager to go: Neil Warnock

I'm looking forward to... the fact we have a genuine top six. We always judge the Premier League on the points total, but it's getting lower for the champions because the teams around them are getting stronger. Liverpool have got better this summer and I'm sure Spurs and Arsenal will do so before the window closes. It's such a good competition between the top six and I'm so excited about that.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/watch/tv-shows/soccer-saturday/news/7093069/the-pundits-predict" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/watch/tv-show ... ts-predict</a>

Not one predicted us as champions. Several third places and one even as fourth! Then Charlie Nicholas said Sergio Aguero is the worst buy! Unbelievable Jeff. That's before you even get onto anything else, like Chelsea finishing ahead of us when they finished sixth, Torres being top scorer... It's just a minefield of bollocks.
As weird as it sounds skas we wernt really fancied in the betting the year we won it & also not tipped by many of the pundits,we drifted in the betting before the season started & it was the rags & chavs who were short priced joint favs.....We were round abt 5/1 third favs

It is generally always won by the first two in the betting,i hope thats still the case this year :)........and its us.

Its an old cliche, but Liverpool have peaked a smidgen too early..

They are the media darlings and for us that is a good sign..

They will drop points soon and then the pressure is really on..

pavelsrnicek said:
1.618034 said:
I wish I could join in with the positivity but we can't keep losing big games and expecting our rivals to stumble and hand it back to us.

The league isn't won in the last game every season.

The galling thing is that we've got the best players but we've gifted both Chelsea and Liverpool 3 points in away games through poor management AND huge individual errors. Without those we'd be well in the box seat.

In the immortal words of Roberto Mancini "Eez finish..."

Of course you never know, but this time I really think it is too much of a mountain to climb, and we've no one to blame but ourselves.

I agree we've gifted Chelsea and Liverpool 3 points when we should have taken at least one in both where two of our most important players committed howlers. How is that poor management, if we are level at 75 mins and in control at both Anfield and Stamford Bridge, why do we blame the manager? Don't want to turn this into a discussion on Pellegrini but I just don't get that notion.

My only real concern about us winning all our remaining matches is that we have been less than ruthless in the big games on the road, away to Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal. In all three games we were in control at some satge but we failed to take the points we should have (we could easily have 5 points from those 3 not 1). We will have a very tough match away to Everton and we will need to actually deliver on our performance with points on the board.

Don't want to get into a Pellegrini discussion either mate but you have to question not only the team selection (Milner and Kolarov should've started...) but also the fact that we gave them, the scorers of the most early/1st half goals, the kick off and playing towards the Kop and then taking Dzeko off, who was having a great game, when we were in full control and going for a winner, for an obviously half-fit Sergio who never got into the game. It was an exercise in handing the opponent the initiative.

I worry about our preparations for the very big games. Playing nice football is all well and good but when it comes to the crunch and titles/cups are on the line, then we've been lacking all season.

Liverpool have won 10 on the trot. The prem record is 14...<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:42 pm --<br /><br />Liverpool have won 10 on the trot. The prem record is 14...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.