My belief

We'll know a lot more after our next 3 games.

What would a good result be in Chelsea athletico Madrid game. Chelsea winning easily or losing heavily as we need Liverpool to drop points there.
Not sure we've quite got the same belief this season but we'll see.

It's not impossible. The two big games are Everton and Palace.

But I don't think we will for the following reason. The year we won we humiliated our nearest rivals 6-1 and then did a good job on them at home. It was obvious we were the best team. The manager knew it, the players knew it and the fans knew it.

After two defeats against Chelsea, dropped points at Arsenal and yesterday's demoralizing events I am not sure we can say that. We have the best group of players but are we the best team? The players must have their doubts.

Danielmanc said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I put £200 down last night at 2/1 on City to win the title.

I wholeheartedly believe this team can and will win it's last six games.

And because of how highly I rate our group of players, even without Yaya, I believe they will go the distance and take it to the very last game.

The race of two years ago has proved to me that Liverpool have no idea yet that the title race has only just started.

Us to win in on 88 points.

The Chelsea / Liverpool match could well change everything. Then it's all down to us again - win 6 then win the league

True enough, we need Chelsea to keep winning at this stage.

I know posters have stated Jose has good reason to hate Liverpool, but I do see him easing off the throttle if they don't keep winning up to that fixture.

Pellegrini clearly knew what he was doing by insisting Chelsea don't deserve to win the league.

For me, though, Norwich is a game I also see wide scope for a slip.

Like us, Liverpool have served their arses up on a plate in recent seasons, scoring at will, Suarez getting a couple of hat-tricks.

But we struggled to break them down, and they could have done us on the break at the very end and I considered it a good point because we could have played all night and never looked like scoring.

It also took an injury-time goal for Chelsea to win at Carrow Road.

With a new manager and it being practically shit or bust in terms of avoiding relegation, a lunchtime kick-off, the ingredients are all there.

We must do our job Wednesday night against a Sunderland team that thankfully have to attack.

In fact, all the teams we have left to face, West Ham, aside, play into our hands.

Praying the Hammers can get something against a weary Arsenal tomorrow night and give Everton some breathing space.

robbieh said:

But I don't think we will for the following reason. The year we won we humiliated our nearest rivals 6-1 and then did a good job on them at home. It was obvious we were the best team. The manager knew it, the players knew it and the fans knew it.

After two defeats against Chelsea, dropped points at Arsenal and yesterday's demoralizing events I am not sure we can say that. We have the best group of players but are we the best team? The players must have their doubts.

Agreed. I am reasonably confident that Liverpool will slip up somewhere its winning our next 6 games that is the concern with Palace and Everton the main stumbling blocks.

I lost a bit of faith in the teams ability to do it when it mattered in last seasons FA Cup final debacle and so far in the big games when winning meant taking a grip of the PL title race we haven't closed the deal. Chelsea at home, Arsenal away and yesterday. Big moments. 1 point.

I don't know how the team and squad will be impacted by yesterday. Heads did drop when that 3rd goal went in and some of the belief seemed to evaporate.

On the other hand the pressure is off us and is all on Liverpool and we know what happened last time. In short I ain't got a clue how this will all pan out but it certainly isn't over.

robbieh said:

I know where you are coming from, mate, but we were allowed to build that momentum because events elsewhere afforded it us.

We were out of it after Arsenal, but that night against West Brom, I recall how the team, Silva in particular, plus the crowd, all moved up through the gears again as news was filtering through that Wigan were ahead.

Another fixture where United had regularly humiliated them but I genuinely felt Wigan would get something from.

Once Everton came knocking on the door, the belief was irresistible.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Danielmanc said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I put £200 down last night at 2/1 on City to win the title.

I wholeheartedly believe this team can and will win it's last six games.

And because of how highly I rate our group of players, even without Yaya, I believe they will go the distance and take it to the very last game.

The race of two years ago has proved to me that Liverpool have no idea yet that the title race has only just started.

Us to win in on 88 points.

The Chelsea / Liverpool match could well change everything. Then it's all down to us again - win 6 then win the league

True enough, we need Chelsea to keep winning at this stage.

I know posters have stated Jose has good reason to hate Liverpool, but I do see him easing off the throttle if they don't keep winning up to that fixture.

Pellegrini clearly knew what he was doing by insisting Chelsea don't deserve to win the league.

For me, though, Norwich is a game I also see wide scope for a slip.

Like us, Liverpool have served their arses up on a plate in recent seasons, scoring at will, Suarez getting a couple of hat-tricks.

But we struggled to break them down, and they could have done us on the break at the very end and I considered it a good point because we could have played all night and never looked like scoring.

It also took an injury-time goal for Chelsea to win at Carrow Road.

With a new manager and it being practically shit or bust in terms of avoiding relegation, a lunchtime kick-off, the ingredients are all there.

We must do our job Wednesday night against a Sunderland team that thankfully have to attack.

In fact, all the teams we have left to face, West Ham, aside, play into our hands.

Praying the Hammers can get something against a weary Arsenal tomorrow night and give Everton some breathing space.
Good point about Pellegrini's comments about Chelsea. I hadn't thought about that as a Chelsea / Mourinho motivational speech, but that's quite clever. Whether it works? Well it's worth a try

I thought Chelsea might drop away in the League after getting to the semis, but that 1st half sending off has kept them in it

City need to show the same commitment and belief as we did in 2011/12. If we do then we can finish the season satisfied that we gave it a good go. Noting less will do

Liverpool draw 2 and win 2
Chelsea draw 1 and win 3
City lose 1 and win 5

We all finish on 85 points and it comes down to goal difference (I've probably got my maths wrong there).

As far as Chelsea are concerned they can effectively rest one or two players next weekend at home to Sunderland knowing that they have got a big 10 days ahead playing Ath Madrid (a), Liverpool (a) and Ath Madrid (h).

Mourinho will see that as the defining point in his season, 3 big games where all he has to do is set his team up in the way that always suits him, solid at the back with an attacking threat. I imagine the same team will play in all 3 games (Matic aside).

Chelsea know that their season is far from over and I'm pretty confident they will get something at Anfield where Liverpool will be really feeling the pressure. This Chelsea team is horrible to play against when you are an attacking side, they stifle you and look to slow the game down at every opportunity, they come undone when they have to go and break a team down that are camped on the edge of their box. This Liverpool game suits them down to a tee.

I can see us being back in control in two weeks time then its up to us to go to Palace and Everton and win both games.

chris85mcfc said:
As far as Chelsea are concerned they can effectively rest one or two players next weekend at home to Sunderland knowing that they have got a big 10 days ahead playing Ath Madrid (a), Liverpool (a) and Ath Madrid (h).

Mourinho will see that as the defining point in his season, 3 big games where all he has to do is set his team up in the way that always suits him, solid at the back with an attacking threat. I imagine the same team will play in all 3 games (Matic aside).

Chelsea know that their season is far from over and I'm pretty confident they will get something at Anfield where Liverpool will be really feeling the pressure. This Chelsea team is horrible to play against when you are an attacking side, they stifle you and look to slow the game down at every opportunity, they come undone when they have to go and break a team down that are camped on the edge of their box. This Liverpool game suits them down to a tee.

I can see us being back in control in two weeks time then its up to us to go to Palace and Everton and win both games.

I can see us being back in control in two weeks time then its up to us to go to Palace and Everton and win both games.[/quote]

^^^^^^ this but we may not need to win those games 'palace and everton' we have to mirror liverpools results in their two games then simply win our game in hand

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.