My belief

chris85mcfc said:
As far as Chelsea are concerned they can effectively rest one or two players next weekend at home to Sunderland knowing that they have got a big 10 days ahead playing Ath Madrid (a), Liverpool (a) and Ath Madrid (h).

Mourinho will see that as the defining point in his season, 3 big games where all he has to do is set his team up in the way that always suits him, solid at the back with an attacking threat. I imagine the same team will play in all 3 games (Matic aside).

Chelsea know that their season is far from over and I'm pretty confident they will get something at Anfield where Liverpool will be really feeling the pressure. This Chelsea team is horrible to play against when you are an attacking side, they stifle you and look to slow the game down at every opportunity, they come undone when they have to go and break a team down that are camped on the edge of their box. This Liverpool game suits them down to a tee.

I can see us being back in control in two weeks time then its up to us to go to Palace and Everton and win both games.

I'll go along with this. Mourinho playing 3 big pressure games in a week is what he does best and they are murder to play against. We win 6 out of 6 and its ours.

Lets make it happen.

I think it's written in the stars for the Dippers to do it for the 96.

Yesterday only confirmed this for me.

The bookies had us down as 8/11 favourites, before the game yesterday, presumably because they expected us to get something from the match. Now it's 2/1, 9/4 or 5/2 - a big swing from 8/11 after just one match!

The GPC used to say that you couldn't win the Title if you lost more than 5 matches - yesterday's loss took us to 6 and "my belief" is that we now have very little chance of winning it.

Maybe next Season (assuming Pellegrini has learnt from his mistakes and assuming he gets another chance, unlike he did when RM lost out to Barca a few years ago!)

Onwards and upwards!

bert's broken neck said:

The bookies had us down as 8/11 favourites, before the game yesterday, presumably because they expected us to get something from the match. Now it's 2/1, 9/4 or 5/2 - a big swing from 8/11 after just one match!

The GPC used to say that you couldn't win the Title if you lost more than 5 matches - yesterday's loss took us to 6 and "my belief" is that we now have very little chance of winning it.

Maybe next Season (assuming Pellegrini has learnt from his mistakes and assuming he gets another chance, unlike he did when RM lost out to Barca a few years ago!)

Onwards and upwards!

if the chelsea game is a draw watch the odds revert back, i think this season it will be no more than six losses,the gpc was right what he used to say but the top four then were more compact

marco said:
bert's broken neck said:

Onwards and upwards!

if the chelsea game is a draw watch the odds revert back, i think this season it will be no more than six losses,the gpc was right what he used to say but the top four then were more compact

Fair point, marco. I hope you're right but I expect you'll be wrong. I guess I'm still "Typical City" - hope for the best, but expect the worse! I'm too old to change the habits of a lifetime watching City (since 1956!)

I believe it too!! And it could come to goal difference with us being better at the minute and another two games in hand to further our goal difference

I said before the Liverpool game that a win for them could be a red herring in the title race, and I'm still convinced that there will be further twists. I suspect Jose still thinks he's going to win, and I expect we'd win if we took 18 pts from the last six games.

Liverpool have been very close to dropping points in three of their last four games - they are not on an imperious march that the winning streak suggests.

For me, I thought it was significant that Stevie Me was in floods after yesterday's game. The media have been bigging up his 'inspirational words' but it looks to me like they are overwhelmed already. It may be that the emotional energy pushes them over the line, but it's equally likely that it will affect their play badly in the remaining games.

Exciting times. This is why we're football fans.

Probably been stated already but we should of been playing an FA Cup semi final on Saturday and then would not of had to PLAY Liverpool yesterday and would be better prepared and not as pressurised an atmosphere!

Whilst I believe it's possible for Liverpool to drop points, specifically I can see Chelsea setting up to be hard to beat and getting a point at Anfield, I think we may well struggle to beat Everton at Goodison, which we'd need to do now in order to catch Liverpool up. Everton have 4 matches left and, if they win them all, they are in the Champion's League, so they will be more than up for that match, and they've only lost 1 home league match all season. I could see us drawing there, but winning I think is a very big ask.

If we win the next 2 games, belief will be surging back, and it wont need Bluemoon pep talks either

Matty said:
Whilst I believe it's possible for Liverpool to drop points, specifically I can see Chelsea setting up to be hard to beat and getting a point at Anfield, I think we may well struggle to beat Everton at Goodison, which we'd need to do now in order to catch Liverpool up. Everton have 4 matches left and, if they win them all, they are in the Champion's League, so they will be more than up for that match, and they've only lost 1 home league match all season. I could see us drawing there, but winning I think is a very big ask.

Everton are a good side and certainly a place where we have always struggled

However they would be without Barry who has been a big cog for them this season

Seems like there is still plenty to play for for the top 5 teams in the next few weeks

It really is a funny old game, I remember seeing Liverpool smash Arsenal about a 6 weeks ago and thinking great that Arsenal out the title race, and now im thinking I wish Arsenal had put up more of a fight. Same with Chelsea, I was glad they won yesterday, and hopefully they'll do the same at Anfield, but then I hope they drop points elsewhere. Anyone that says other teams results dont matter are kidding themselves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.