My Dad

The man that guided me into being a Blue, never got to share the title win with me. Right now I'm pouring one for him and the other dads not here. Cheers.

ahh ammy!

thanks for sharing as i hope it helps,venting is always healthy as long as you dont stress out the mind too much. it is important to be happy moving forward they way your parents would wanted you to be!
i lost my father too at a young age and always felt his loss, perhaps i dwelt on it too much.

hope you are feeling better now blue! ;)

Lovely post ammy, made me think about my kids, we lost their mum 10 years ago, my daughter was 8 and son 4, daughter has memories like yours but my
son has no memories apart from family videos. all i can do is tell him how wonderfull she was and how much she loved him

Bless you ammy.you never forget your mum and dad and remembering and having a cry now and again is healthy and a good thing to do x

Ammy said:
It's his anniversary today. He died when I was 8. Ages ago. I have very few memories of him. He was very tall and quiet and he read a lot.
I remember him coming in from work, in his Bike leathers smelling of rain and he used to sing Tony Christie's Amarillo and Elvis' His Latest Flame to me, because they were the only songs that sounded like they had my name in them.
Silly to miss someone who went so long ago and played such a small part in my life. But still makes me sad :(

Ammy, so sad...I really dont at times appreciate my dad being around and this post makes me think again

thank you...and im so sorry x

bun shop blue said:
Lovely post ammy, made me think about my kids, we lost their mum 10 years ago, my daughter was 8 and son 4, daughter has memories like yours but my
son has no memories apart from family videos. all i can do is tell him how wonderfull she was and how much she loved him

Oh that's so sad. You must be such a great dad :) x

Not silly at all ammy i would be heartbroken without my mum by my side i dread to think of what would happen when she does eventually leave :( ive always said i want to go before her because i couldnt live without her <3 she's struggled so much to make me who i am today and i love her endlessly :)

Ammy said:
It's his anniversary today. He died when I was 8. Ages ago. I have very few memories of him. He was very tall and quiet and he read a lot.
I remember him coming in from work, in his Bike leathers smelling of rain and he used to sing Tony Christie's Amarillo and Elvis' His Latest Flame to me, because they were the only songs that sounded like they had my name in them.
Silly to miss someone who went so long ago and played such a small part in my life. But still makes me sad :(

No, its not silly to miss someone who was so special to you. He was never a small part of your life he was a big one and this is why you still remember him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.