My Email from Brian Woolnough

Slightly off topic, but we are complaining that journo's slate us & therefore perpetuate hatred against us......

But then 4 times a game, every game we taunt other fans with shit songs like "we'll buy your club & burn it down"

hhhhmmmmm & then we wonder why people dont like us & slate us....we dont help ourselves!

mancunial said:
listen lads he probably hasn,t even read it, he,s probably had a quick glance and told a junior to reply to it, their is no way he would give any of the public the time of day unless their was coins in it?
exactly what i thought especially as i called him a clown and a lazy journo and his news paper a shit rag but saw the thread and thought i would post it

Freestyler said:
so what if the tosser replied?

he completely ignored the question you raised and he didn't come close to answering it.

Bang on.

I hate Woolnough.
He always looks like hes sweating the fat prick.
If i had of sent the email it wouldn't have been as courteous and as well written as yours.
It would have been page and page of abuse.
Shove your cockney opinions up your arse Woolnough. TWAT!

If you emailed every "journalist" who wrote reactionary rubbish and absolute tosh you'd be at your computer 24/7. Kudos for taking the time though, but the English media only care about creating controversy and selling as many papers as they can. If they write total bollocks they know it will still sell, so they don't care.

I thought the original email by the OP was spot on - a reasonable, well argued comment. And at least it didnt stoop to referring to him just by his surname.

His replies do actually sound like they are from him rather than an office monkey - having watch his programmes for years and listened to him on radio 5 enough, they do ring true for him.
I think you have to seperate what he writes in the Star from his more considered comments on the telly/radio.

I do know one thing for certain - there have been loads and loads of times over the years when all the other guests have been praising utd and not criticising them - and Woolnough would be the only one having a go at Taggart and his players for their antics on the field and comments after the game. He regularly gives them loads of grief - unlike the usual suspects - Steve curry, shaun custis, winter, beesely, mccarthy,barclay, gartside, sam wallace and the rest of them who are afraid to criticise that particular team/manager.
(The only one i wouldnt include in that is Martin Samuel, who is quality).

I dont know if woolnough really is a spurs fan or not, but i know he is really passionate about the national team ahead of any club team.

Having said all of that in his defence, bottom line, it was lazy, out of order journalism and the original email from liam was the business.
(I just think there are a lot lot lot more worse offenders on fleet street)

Rammyblues said:
See Arsenal are signing another frenchie, again well done Wenger looking after Englands future - easy isn't it.

you cant defend yourselves by saying its cheaper to buy foreign then english and then have a pop at wenger for doing exactly that !!

also a lot is being said about lescott ? lets be honest you overpaid for an average player who just happens to have an english passport , is he international class ? is wayne bridge international class ?
Basically it comes down to the manager of our clubs are paid to do the best for their clubs , not to win england the world cup .

ExiledGooner said:
Rammyblues said:
See Arsenal are signing another frenchie, again well done Wenger looking after Englands future - easy isn't it.

you cant defend yourselves by saying its cheaper to buy foreign then english and then have a pop at wenger for doing exactly that !!

also a lot is being said about lescott ? lets be honest you overpaid for an average player who just happens to have an english passport , is he international class ? is wayne bridge international class ?
Basically it comes down to the manager of our clubs are paid to do the best for their clubs , not to win england the world cup .

Exactly, and everyone knows good english players cost alot more than someone from Europe ect.

Just sent this now:

Hi Brian,

I am lead to believe other city fans have emailed you in regard to the article you published about city ruining the national side, in every email you replied to you dodged the original questions and failed to come even close to answering the questions asked, i have seen all these emails and basically just make you looked stupid don't they?

anyway it's all been said really in their emails about the amount of academy players we have had play in the first team and all the rest, i don't need to state any obvious points or facts your way which have already completely blown you out with the pathetic stupid lazy arcticle,

but why single city out? scared are we because were gonna dominate english football so you thought you would have a pop at us?

would i be right in saying your a spurs fan? ....a team which i can't recall fielding half as many city academy products in the last 5 years,

toure with his £220,000 a week?, which is also nonsense, more garbage, slow news day?

aren't you the same paper that claimed he had his medical in england when he actually had it in spain, and you also said he only made 17 apperance all season when he made over 34?... says it all really.

your a clown, talk garbage, what's your next story gonna be.....david silva on £350,000 a week?

you really haven't got a clue have you?

nuff said.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.