My loss of faith in city fans

AntManneh31

i have just been arguing with my mate about mancini (me wanting him to stay and saying he's a good manager) and my mate came out with something i didn't think any city fan could be stupid enough to say. bring back sven he was a better manager.........

AntManneh31 said:
i have just been arguing with my mate about mancini (me wanting him to stay and saying he's a good manager) and my mate came out with something i didn't think any city fan could be stupid enough to say. bring back sven he was a better manager.........

Sven is a relic & we should leave him in the past.

Debatable, both have positives and negatives... now if we can somehow combine the two men we'd have one of the best managers going.

Re: Re: My loss of faith in city fans

AntManneh31 said:
I posted this the other day.

Sven was a better manager than both Hughes and Mancini. Under him, we had 26 points after 13 games compared to 22 for the other two. Also he had less resource and time to work with.

Thaksin undermined him at about this stage of the season otherwise we could have been top 4.

I believe we'd have won the title by now if he was still here.

AntManneh31 said:
i liked sven and if he hadn't been told he was getting the but half way through his season in charge then i think we would have done alot better that season....as for bringing him back now...nah never go back as it almost never works out resigning a manager. i think we'll be alright with mancini once he gets rid of a bit of dead wood in jan and brings in a few more players to fit the system he wants to play then we'll be flying in the 2nd half of the season imo.

Played some fantastic football under Sven... just imagine the likes of Silva, Balotelli, Tevez, AJ and Kolarov under him...

i know, let's get rid of capello and bring sven back
would the england fans love it?
enough said.

would that be sven who lost 8-1 in his last match at boro?
or maybe my mind's playing tricks on me and he's the manager who got us in to the top 4 despite never being able to field his best 11.

keep the faith brother

I had a lot of time for Sven. He seemed a good bloke and an excellent manager, with an impressive track record at club level. With the resources we have now, I think he could have done a lot, he knows a good player and has a wealth of knowledge and experience. It was unfortunate that Thaksin shafted him.

His style is different, but I think Mancini seems a good bloke too, also has a good track record and I think is taking us forward, so I wouldn't go back.

I liked Sven as a manager. I could always see what he was trying to do and he seemed to know how to make the best of what was available. He also seemed to run a happy dressing room.

His signings were mixed but you could argue that in summer it was a rush job and in winter his budgets were slashed.

I wanted him to be given another season when he was sacked. He has dignity too - I think Thaksin shafted him yet he has never bleated about it, despite the damage it did to his career.

I hope he gets his career back on track.

the blue panther said:
i know, let's get rid of capello and bring sven back
would the england fans love it?
enough said.

would that be sven who lost 8-1 in his last match at boro?
or maybe my mind's playing tricks on me and he's the manager who got us in to the top 4 despite never being able to field his best 11.

keep the faith brother

That's a bit naughty mate.He didn't get anything like the resources Mancini or Hughes had at their disposal and we were in the top four for almost two thirds of the season until Frank shafted him.He also had the best win record since Sir Alf as manager of England.
I like Mancini-but fair's fair.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.