My loss of faith in city fans

Skashion said:
I have a friend who knows more about football than anyone else I personally know who thinks we'd have been better off with Sven than Mancini or Hughes. It's not such an easy thought to dismiss.

and I have got a friend who has told me that Mancini is going to be sacked today at 2pm but it does not mean he is right

BringBackSwales said:
Skashion said:
I have a friend who knows more about football than anyone else I personally know who thinks we'd have been better off with Sven than Mancini or Hughes. It's not such an easy thought to dismiss.

and I have got a friend who has told me that Mancini is going to be sacked today at 2pm but it does not mean he is right
No, he's definitely right, as I previously said.

Re: Re: My loss of faith in city fans

Prestwich_Blue said:
AntManneh31 said:
i have just been arguing with my mate about mancini (me wanting him to stay and saying he's a good manager) and my mate came out with something i didn't think any city fan could be stupid enough to say. bring back sven he was a better manager.........
I posted this the other day.

Sven was a better manager than both Hughes and Mancini. Under him, we had 26 points after 13 games compared to 22 for the other two. Also he had less resource and time to work with.

Thaksin undermined him at about this stage of the season otherwise we could have been top 4.

I believe we'd have won the title by now if he was still here.
We would never in a million years have finished in the top 4, the squads depth wasn't big/strong enough.

The OP is right - utter madness. It's no good saying Sven did this and that by Xmas, because just about the only match he won in the new year was the derby. Utter shite. He even managed to drag a decent Mexico side down to the lowest depths ever. Since he was fired (again) they seem to have got a grip - funny that!

I actually think he was a good man in Italy in the late 90s, and ever since it's been all image, bluster and bullshit - oh and of course money and tarts. The 8-1 was just the end of all that.

No-one remember the increasing frown on his brow which the only response to the match slipping to defeat week after week?

Short memories again, like those who say this is 'the worst football ever'.

Well so far i don't think Sven proved to be any worse manager than Mancini , purely going of points gained by results .........

he did have a pretty good club record prior to joining us , and he was very likeable ....... but he obviously didn't have the same amount of wealth that Mancini has enjoyed.

Prestwich_Blue said:
AntManneh31 said:
i have just been arguing with my mate about mancini (me wanting him to stay and saying he's a good manager) and my mate came out with something i didn't think any city fan could be stupid enough to say. bring back sven he was a better manager.........

Sven was a better manager than both Hughes and Mancini. Under him, we had 26 points after 13 games compared to 22 for the other two. Also he had less resource and time to work with.

Thaksin undermined him at about this stage of the season otherwise we could have been top 4.

I agree. Much is spoken about the 8 - 1 but the manager and players had downed tools by then as Thaksin 'tightened the bolt' and reneged on his promises.

We played some fantastic stuff before it went sour and with far less money being spent.

He was very well respected throughout the club.

Derby double. Thanks Sven.

Balti said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

I agree. Much is spoken about the 8 - 1 but the manager and players had downed tools by then as Thaksin 'tightened the bolt' and reneged on his promises.

We played some fantastic stuff before it went sour and with far less money being spent.

He was very well respected throughout the club.

Derby double. Thanks Sven.

A first teamer admitted to me that the players gave up early that day. Not all of them but some. He said as soon as we'd conceeded a couple of goals several of them put their heads down and went missing.

10.Goater_Legend said:
We would never in a million years have finished in the top 4, the squads depth wasn't big/strong enough.
Well we were still 4th into the new year but he'd had his fall out with Thaksin by then and the whole squad knew about it and the fact he was likely to be going by the end of the season.

Prestwich_Blue said:
AntManneh31 said:

All our yesterdays where the sun always shines and everyone had a smile on there faces. If I remember most of them games were 1-0 and didn't have bundle of chances. My outlook on life is never look back be positive and never boo a city team!...

Prestwich_Blue said:
AntManneh31 said:

could'nt agree more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.