My loss of faith in city fans

AntManneh31 said:
i have just been arguing with my mate about mancini (me wanting him to stay and saying he's a good manager) and my mate came out with something i didn't think any city fan could be stupid enough to say. bring back sven he was a better manager.........

I agree with your mate........

AntManneh31 said:
i have just been arguing with my mate about mancini (me wanting him to stay and saying he's a good manager) and my mate came out with something i didn't think any city fan could be stupid enough to say. bring back sven he was a better manager.........
LOL!

Didsbury Dave said:
I liked Sven as a manager. I could always see what he was trying to do and he seemed to know how to make the best of what was available. He also seemed to run a happy dressing room.

His signings were mixed but you could argue that in summer it was a rush job and in winter his budgets were slashed.

I wanted him to be given another season when he was sacked. He has dignity too - I think Thaksin shafted him yet he has never bleated about it, despite the damage it did to his career.

I hope he gets his career back on track.

I can agree with all you have said (and I also wish him well) except the dressing room bit, it was a happy place because players could apparently do as they pleased (the same with England) with our current crop of ego's it would be chaos lol

Re: Re: My loss of faith in city fans

Prestwich_Blue said:
AntManneh31 said:
I posted this the other day.

Sven was a better manager than both Hughes and Mancini. Under him, we had 26 points after 13 games compared to 22 for the other two. Also he had less resource and time to work with.

Thaksin undermined him at about this stage of the season otherwise we could have been top 4.

I believe we'd have won the title by now if he was still here.

The one, true measure of a manager is how many points he gets in the first third of the season?

Sven did okay, except when he blew it against boro. I don't see why you would think mancini has done so much better. Sven has more experience and much more to show for, did okay at city. Mancini has less experience and has done okay here. Whats your problem? The facts are there, why are you refusing to look at the facts? I think you are silly and ignorant by making this thread, doesn't mean I have lost my faith in several thousand people because of that. Even though you are obviously wrong.

Mancini is not a lot better than sven, that is a fact. You may prefer MAncini fair enough, but don't make a big deal out of it, because its not.

Re: Re: My loss of faith in city fans

Chick Counterfly said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
I posted this the other day.

Sven was a better manager than both Hughes and Mancini. Under him, we had 26 points after 13 games compared to 22 for the other two. Also he had less resource and time to work with.

Thaksin undermined him at about this stage of the season otherwise we could have been top 4.

I believe we'd have won the title by now if he was still here.

The one, true measure of a manager is how many points he gets in the first third of the season?

Yer right to question that CC. Total number of points at the end tells me how good they are.

I have a friend who knows more about football than anyone else I personally know who thinks we'd have been better off with Sven than Mancini or Hughes. It's not such an easy thought to dismiss.

AntManneh31 said:

When our "loyal" fans starting walking out en mass at 2-0 down at Wembley in 1999 I knew our fans weren't all they were hyped up to be!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.