My missus retired today

I’m 7 years younger than mine and can’t wait to have a few years to myself before she retires. The thought of being retired scares me actually. Think I may stay working 3 days a week or something.

A friend told me. You can find these palaces in Manchester hedonism

Phew, man!

And I was just beginning to think...

hD4967C74

Sounds good to me mate, enjoy it as you've earnt it.

Was in Glasgow for 3 nights with my wife last November. Had a great time. We saw 2 gigs at barrowlands, great venue.

Top city for a drink and food although the pubs we had a drink in did close relatively early if your used to a late drink after the concert.

This place was an excellent breakfast, especially after a night on the ale.

http://www.cafewander.com/

Had a decent meal here.
https://www.mistersinghsindia.com/

And a few drams in the Ben nevis on argyle Street.

Last edited:
Well done mrs oakie,I salute you,what a special woman wife and mam you are,and oakie No you’ve not give her enough treats.

After working for 50 years and raising the three kids,its now time for my dear one to finally put her feet up,bless her.
Its something we`ve both been looking forward to for a few years and with having no ties we can now finally do what we want,when we want,without having to worry about when she could take her holidays.
Over the next few months we`ve already got some dates booked for shows and holidays.
July 19th Wedding Anniversary (44 years lads and lasses) 3 nights in Windermere and on the 30th a trip to the Lowry and a night over to see Early Doors.
September,Annie Lennox in Glasgow 3 nights
November,Jools Holland in Bath 2 nights.
January two weeks in The Dominican and followed by three days in Cardiff,in March to watch Jamie Cullum
Am I giving her too many treats ?

Great stuff, oakie. i've just come back from a couple of days cycling the Birmingham canals with our four-strong cycling team of old codgers. Do what yer want, when yer want, but most importantly, IF yer want. Make the most of it! I've done both - working and not working, and I know which is preferable.

Note to Mrs Oakie: don't go down any flight of stairs in front!

Hope you both enjoy your retirement. Some of it together and some of it doing what you each want to do. Life is about experiences. Go on and make some more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.