My missus retired today

Great stuff, oakie. i've just come back from a couple of days cycling the Birmingham canals with our four-strong cycling team of old codgers. Do what yer want, when yer want, but most importantly, IF yer want. Make the most of it! I've done both - working and not working, and I know which is preferable.

Note to Mrs Oakie: don't go down any flight of stairs in front!
Just shown my missus this DE and she laughed like shit ref the stairs.Our daughter lives and works in Brum (Oldbury) so know the place fairly well.Many decades ago 6 of us went on a canal holiday,one of the best times we`ve had ... but cycling mate ... give over.Couldn`t even get me leg over ... both ways. ;)

Remember to get her drunk and take pics with embarrassing stuff on her head.....

Enjoy your lives boss.........make great memories. It's an achievement just getting there

Fair play to you both.make the most of every day.Bath is lovely and the Roman baths are worth a visit if you get time and have some nice restaurants pretty close by

Just shown my missus this DE and she laughed like shit ref the stairs.Our daughter lives and works in Brum (Oldbury) so know the place fairly well.Many decades ago 6 of us went on a canal holiday,one of the best times we`ve had ... but cycling mate ... give over.Couldn`t even get me leg over ... both ways. ;)

I'm reading 'excuses' in there, oakie! There are 'step through' bikes so 'leg over' isn't a requirement! And when I lose my sense of balance I shall be investing in an adult three-wheeler!

Apologies for shamelessly using Mrs Oakie's Tribute Thread for this, but I didn't want to start a new one.

I retired as secretary of my local football club yesterday after fourteen years, and they very kindly presented me with these. The forty years referred to there are all the years I've been administering local football. My duties have included club secretary for numerous clubs, league secretary, league fixtures secretary, club welfare officer, team manager, and others. I retire from work, also after 40 years, next month, and am looking forward to having a break from it all.

75a8eb1c5cb7d952ab31b6b8355c0743.jpg
6ea5bb2bff381c4569fcd17459065460.jpg

Apologies for shamelessly using Mrs Oakie's Tribute Thread for this, but I didn't want to start a new one.

I retired as secretary of my local football club yesterday after fourteen years, and they very kindly presented me with these. The forty years referred to there are all the years I've been administering local football. My duties have included club secretary for numerous clubs, league secretary, league fixtures secretary, club welfare officer, team manager, and others. I retire from work, also after 40 years, next month, and am looking forward to having a break from it all.

75a8eb1c5cb7d952ab31b6b8355c0743.jpg
6ea5bb2bff381c4569fcd17459065460.jpg
Bloody hell Mark well done mate and what a great touch from Alex too.
Many decades have passed since I was the Secretary of my local pub team,The Queens but I certainly never put in those amount of years.
Brilliant mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.