My new dog

That's brilliant mate! Was it Many Tears rescue centre? We took a 'slight detour' to visit there on our way back home from Worthing a couple of years ago, it involved a 150 mile round trip and an overnight stay. It was a really nice place doing brilliant work with some dogs with quite serious issues. We ended up with a smashing Jack Russell cross from a girl in Didsbury who brings them over from Greece. There's a school of thought that says rescue dogs understand that they've been rescued and when they are safe, it's called the 'rescue sigh'. Who knows if it's true but whatever, it's a nice thought that they do.

One week ago, we adopted a dog from a Swansea based rescue centre. We have named her Bess and she is a former breeding woman from a puppy farm that was closed down by police and animal welfare. She is just two years old and already has been forced to have at least two litters. She has never experienced the joy of a walk and has been fed kibble soaked in water to make her feel full. She was malnourished, infested with mange and has boobs down to her knees. She would not allow any human contact but has now settled into a forever home with us and our dog, Blue, (from the 'our new foster dog thread) who has been an absolute star in teaching her how to be a dog and that she will be loved. She has made huge progress in just one week.

I have attached a photograph from the rescue centre (she was there just one week) and a few throughout the week at our home. Before you spend £4k on a designer dog please realise that this may be the impact of your purchase and ensure you see both parents of any puppy you are considering.
I doff my cap well done to you hope you have many years of joy

That's brilliant mate! Was it Many Tears rescue centre? We took a 'slight detour' to visit there on our way back home from Worthing a couple of years ago, it involved a 150 mile round trip and an overnight stay. It was a really nice place doing brilliant work with some dogs with quite serious issues. We ended up with a smashing Jack Russell cross from a girl in Didsbury who brings them over from Greece. There's a school of thought that says rescue dogs understand that they've been rescued and when they are safe, it's called the 'rescue sigh'. Who knows if it's true but whatever, it's a nice thought that they do.
Yes it was. They were superb and very professional. Application, interview, virtual home inspection, visit and time spent with the dog before introducing our dog and spending half an hour together in a penned area. Absolutely the way it should be.

Last edited:
Well done mate. we bought a pure breed swiss shepherd this time last year, found out last week that one of his siblings has been used to breed by an opportunist, crossed with a poodle and selling pups for $6K. We bought ours for $2.5k. The dog would only be 13months old. Absolute disgusting and should be illegal (not not if it is or not).

Unfortunately cunts have realised just how much money can be made from breeding these dogs.

This world is fucking horrible.

Top man,OP
I spoke to the person I get my dog food from and he told me that a number of former Class A dealers have moved on to puppy breeding as it is easy money and the sentences are extremely low. He told me of one who has 60 loan dogs given to others to look after. They are bred and the loanee sells the puppies and is given a cut; he takes the rest. Effectively, he has a number of dealers dealing for him, only this time it is live animals that pass through his greedy hands.

I spoke to the person I get my dog food from and he told me that a number of former Class A dealers have moved on to puppy breeding as it is easy money and the sentences are extremely low. He told me of one who has 60 loan dogs given to others to look after. They are bred and the loanee sells the puppies and is given a cut; he takes the rest. Effectively, he has a number of dealers dealing for him, only this time it is live animals that pass through his greedy hands.
True,i know one myself.He turned 50 and realised he was getting too old for his former life.....

He(and his cronies) breeds bulldogs,he charges 2.5k a dog.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.