My opinion about Adam Johnson(merged)

Re: Adam Johnson.

Mancini has to have a long hard look at himself after last night and stop deflecting the attention onto the 'was it or not a red card' crap.
Why didnt he play Richards at Centre Half and Zabaleta at right back? (my pre match team shows I suggested it then).

But more importantly - why was AJ withdrawn when he looked to me the man 'most likely' in the 2nd half? Liverpool by that time had no attacking intent whatsoever, so the lamentible NDJ could have been withdrawn, but no, instead he brings on the unbelievably bad Kolarov. We were chasing a goal and he brings on Kolarov and withdraws AJ - NO WONDER THE BOY IS DISSOLUSIONED.

ANY1aBLUE said:
Mancini has to have a long hard look at himself after last night and stop deflecting the attention onto the 'was it or not a red card' crap.
Why didnt he play Richards at Centre Half and Zabaleta at right back? (my pre match team shows I suggested it then).

But more importantly - why was AJ withdrawn when he looked to me the man 'most likely' in the 2nd half? Liverpool by that time had no attacking intent whatsoever, so the lamentible NDJ could have been withdrawn, but no, instead he brings on the unbelievably bad Kolarov. We were chasing a goal and he brings on Kolarov and withdraws AJ - NO WONDER THE BOY IS DISSOLUSIONED.

If only he would have listened to you, we'd still be in all the cups and win every game.

ANY1aBLUE said:

But more importantly - why was AJ withdrawn when he looked to me the man 'most likely' in the 2nd half? Liverpool by that time had no attacking intent whatsoever, so the lamentible NDJ could have been withdrawn, but no, instead he brings on the unbelievably bad Kolarov. We were chasing a goal and he brings on Kolarov and withdraws AJ - NO WONDER THE BOY IS DISSOLUSIONED.[/quote]

Somehow I think you`re not too far behind.

ANY1aBLUE said:

AJ was looking the man most likely he was awful all night and has been the previous games!

Re: My opinion about Adam Johnson.

One of his better starts, worked hard and got into position in the first half. Two things come across to me.

1. He doesn't read the game well enough. Too often head down, predictable, not covering or available in space. Won't take responsibility.

2. We all know about his ability to cut inside but his crossing lacks awareness and Mica and Zaba drive to the byline and cross more accurately into danger areas where City players are positioned.

He is a very gifted player, better than John Robertson who won two European Cups under Clough. Choice is his.

He's a winger, meant to get the ball, get past the full back to the touch line and get his cross in. (Richards is doing this far more often than him)

We don't play like that any more - no wonder he looks like a fish out of water!

His other option is to cut inside and shoot, unfortunately his " one trick " has been sussed .

Sad to say but I'm sure he'll be on his way as soon as we get a replacement

Adam Johnson.

ANY1aBLUE said:

I agree that was my thinking before he took AJ off we new liverpool were just parking the bus NDG should of been took of and AJ moved in midfield where he'd have more space To dribble shoot or see a pass!

Re: My opinion about Adam Johnson.

We used three players on the right last night, one of them a left back, and Johnson was a comfortable the third best, looked better when moved inside second half, and just as he was beginning to look useful he was taken off.

Not good enough for the level we want to be at, its quite simple, SWP was better, and I don't want him there either.

Lightweight is a very good description.

Scores a few belters from time to time and is good for scoring important goals. However he is not good enough and Bobby his right about his defending quality, it was better yesterday though!
He dosent look like he has the confidence to take anyone on anymore!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.