My opinion about Kolarov

Re: The truth about Kolorov

This thread is a great example of why people think City fans talk shit.

Last year I was one of Kolarov's biggest critics. I know from watching him at Lazio and Serbia (from U21 level) what he is capable of, and he wasn't doing it. I mentioned that his injury against Tottenham in the opening game affected him massively, clearly this season he has improved his fitness and is so much better for it.

Right now, he is in form. He has played well for City in the last few games he has played and also Serbia. With Kolarov it seems it's either black or white. He is good going forward and shit at defending. I would argue that he has improved his defending, but to his defence - how can he be expected to be in two places at once? He put in a serious shift last night, but I can understand that his prime duty is to defend and when he goes forward then that leaves a gap, which can be exploited. That is the nature of a counter attack after all, and for the record he made a few good interceptions last night. One in particular near the end of the game when he was booked, a tackle in the penalty box. Remember that one?

As for people questioning his crossing. Ludicrous. Alone last night he could/should have had 3-4 assists to his name. Some people are even questioning his first time crossing. Are you fucking serious? A first time cross is vital, and takes the defence by surprise. As others have mentioned in the CL this season he has been arguably the best attacking outlet - not bad for a LB. I'd also add that against Italy and Slovenia Kolarov was Serbia's best player putting in cross after cross.

As for this who is better debate with Clichy. Clichy is more rounded in that he is better defensively and has a better engine, but Kolarov is miles ahead when it comes to end product, goals and assists.

I'm just pleased he has kicked it up a notch, because he is definitely capable of being one of the best LB's around.. I think it's good for you CIty fans that you have this competition as it means neither player can afford to be complacent.

cccc said:

Last year I was one of Kolarov's biggest critics. I know from watching him at Lazio and Serbia (from U21 level) what he is capable of, and he wasn't doing it. I mentioned that his injury against Tottenham in the opening game affected him massively, clearly this season he has improved his fitness and is so much better for it.

Right now, he is in form. He has played well for City in the last few games he has played and also Serbia. With Kolarov it seems it's either black or white. He is good going forward and shit at defending. I would argue that he has improved his defending, but to his defence - how can he be expected to be in two places at once? He put in a serious shift last night, but I can understand that his prime duty is to defend and when he goes forward then that leaves a gap, which can be exploited. That is the nature of a counter attack after all, and for the record he made a few good interceptions last night. One in particular near the end of the game when he was booked, a tackle in the penalty box. Remember that one?

As for people questioning his crossing. Ludicrous. Alone last night he could/should have had 3-4 assists to his name. Some people are even questioning his first time crossing. Are you fucking serious? A first time cross is vital, and takes the defence by surprise. As others have mentioned in the CL this season he has been arguably the best attacking outlet - not bad for a LB. I'd also add that against Italy and Slovenia Kolarov was Serbia's best player putting in cross after cross.

As for this who is better debate with Clichy. Clichy is more rounded in that he is better defensively and has a better engine, but Kolarov is miles ahead when it comes to end product, goals and assists.

I'm just pleased he has kicked it up a notch, because he is definitely capable of being one of the best LB's around.. I think it's good for you CIty fans that you have this competition as it means neither player can afford to be complacent.

Agreed. I noticed a couple of posters were ranting at Clichy for not crossing the ball in the previous games.

Some people are never happy.

DD said:
shikariblue said:
DD said:
Are you talking about him or you? The latter seems more likely if you rate Kolarov.

Well let's put it this way. Mancini obviously rates him in some sense. And I'm pretty sure he knows a lot more about football. Now, as I've said about a thousand times: defensively poor, attacking is good though. That's why I rate him. To call him shit is very, very harsh. Have some people ever played football on here?

But if he's defensively poor surely that is a problem. I'm not sure he's that great attacking either. His flat pass crossing rarely poses a problem. I appreciate we scored from one of his crosses last night but it's a rarity.

He isn't good enough for where we are at this moment in time. He's a weak link.

Firstly, Barry was covering. Secondly, your comments on his crossing is a load of shite. Many times the ball flashed across goal from his crosses and just need men there. So just keep your shit opinions to yourself.

For getting a piece of Berbaflop when he missed the sitter in the semi final makes A K a hero in my eyes. We,ve had worse leave the lad alone.

lancs blue said:
pudge said:
yes he was forward a lot but imo his constant stream of first time crosses, when he was forward, were pretty poor

I'm of the opposite view, I thought his crosses were generally good, the front players simply didn't attack them with any purpose.

Agree with this. He was getting balls into the right area's all night, but no-one was reading the runs for a while. Dzeko had a poor game which didn't help.
His inability to cut out crosses can be frustrating though but he was hardly getting skinned all night.

cccc said:

1- He wasn't injured at Spurs untill after Lennon had ripped him a new arsehole.
2-His crossing last night was carbage apart from twice
3-Two freekicks a season do not make him a good footballer
4-Clichy has no worries regarding his first team position
5-He hasn't kicked up atall, he looks even slower than last season

Colins Bellend said:
cccc said:

1- He wasn't injured at Spurs untill after Lennon had ripped him a new arsehole.
5-He hasn't kicked up atall, he looks even slower than last season

1st class knob.

[1- He wasn't injured at Spurs untill after Lennon had ripped him a new arsehole.
5-He hasn't kicked up atall, he looks even slower than last season[/quote]

1st class knob.[/quote]

Thanks very articulate. I'll bet you have some blinding arguments with you mum and dad

Isnt it always the way with us blues though? Milner is getting his dick sucked today (and rightly so) but there have been plenty of threads slagging the lad in the past.

Thought Kolarov had a good game last night, but Clichy is the better option. Simple as that for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.