My opinion about Kolarov

Re: The truth about Kolorov

Clubber said:
city 'til i cry said:
If you read it he suggests people should support the other lot rather have an opinion. That's the problem I have with the comment.
You did, but that's his opinion, something which you expressed in your post, which is vital to the forum.

I can understand where he is coming from, I'm sick of idiots who continually slag Kolarov off because he isn't fashionable to like. Not only that, some people just like to woman, whether it's because we aren't what we used to be or players aren't like they used to be and aren't like the common man and don't do normal things or are to like a normal man and go and have a drink at the weekend.

These people who don't appreciate where we are today and the players we have compared to what we used to have either need to have a look at themselves or as SWPISHOME says, get fucked (paraphrasing, hope you don't mind SWPISHOME).

Just my opinion.

Your entitled to it

LongsightM13 said:
Shaelumstash said:
LongsightM13 said:
Kolarov was very poor tonight. But he was far from the only one. He is an easy target.
Fan favourites like Silva, Mario, Hart and Yaya should be asking questions of themselves after that game tonight. They flopped again on the big stage.
But Kolarov is the bluemoon scapegoat du jour. He didn't miss sitters or let a weak shot through his arms though.
Are you fucking sure??

I rate Kolarov and love Zaba as a character and think he's good enough against inferior opposition but not quite good enough for the really big games.

To me the question is this - if tonight had been the European cup final, given current form and fitness, would Kolarov, Zaba, De Jong and Dzeko start ahead of Clichy, Richards, Barry and Aguero?

If not, then why did they play tonight in our biggest game of the season so far? Big mistake from Mancini. He's made very few this season and he is a brilliant manager, but sometimes you've got to hold your hands up.

If he had wanted to rest Richards and Clichy, he should have rested them on Saturday at home against an average Newcastle attack. Not playing those two pacy full backs against one of the quickest counter attacking forward lines in Europe is baffling.

In Mancini we trust, but he got it wrong tonight.
Oh come on, I love Joe as much as any blue but he was very poor tonight, especially on the second goal. He is far from the finished article at this level.
But blame Kolarov if it makes you feel better.

I'm not sure how pissed you are but Joe Hart made about 3 world class saves tonight and certainly wasn't at fault for the second goal.

Where in my post have I blamed Kolarov? I just think Mancini got his selection wrong. Their front 3 are absolutely lightning quick, so Kolarov and Zaba were always going to get exposed. That's not their fault, they just shouldn't have been picked.

Mancini is the best manager we've had in my lifetime, I have absolute faith in him, he made some mistakes tonight and I'm sure he won't make them again.

Shaelumstash said:
LongsightM13 said:
Shaelumstash said:
Are you fucking sure??

I rate Kolarov and love Zaba as a character and think he's good enough against inferior opposition but not quite good enough for the really big games.

To me the question is this - if tonight had been the European cup final, given current form and fitness, would Kolarov, Zaba, De Jong and Dzeko start ahead of Clichy, Richards, Barry and Aguero?

If not, then why did they play tonight in our biggest game of the season so far? Big mistake from Mancini. He's made very few this season and he is a brilliant manager, but sometimes you've got to hold your hands up.

If he had wanted to rest Richards and Clichy, he should have rested them on Saturday at home against an average Newcastle attack. Not playing those two pacy full backs against one of the quickest counter attacking forward lines in Europe is baffling.

Oh come on, I love Joe as much as any blue but he was very poor tonight, especially on the second goal. He is far from the finished article at this level.

I'm not sure how pissed you are but Joe Hart made about 3 world class saves tonight and certainly wasn't at fault for the second goal.

Where in my post have I blamed Kolarov? I just think Mancini got his selection wrong. Their front 3 are absolutely lightning quick, so Kolarov and Zaba were always going to get exposed. That's not their fault, they just shouldn't have been picked.

Mancini is the best manager we've had in my lifetime, I have absolute faith in him, he made some mistakes tonight and I'm sure he won't make them again.

IMO should of stopped the second goal but apart from that he made some world class stops.

Shaelumstash said:
LongsightM13 said:
Shaelumstash said:
Are you fucking sure??

He's not pissed Hart wasn't great tonight. Should have done a lot better tonight. None of his saves were world class and the saves he made were late on not when it mattered i.e the 2 goals

jayblue said:
franksinatra said:
jayblue said:
if our tactics are for our fullbacks to do more running then why buy kolorov who cant run as fast as my mum in her slippers ?

Because running is not just about speed, its also about having an engine to get up and down the pitch. Kolarov has that in abundance and like many players with great engines they arent always the fastest, Gareth Barry for example.
completely disagree. constantly out of position due to lack of pace. if you dont have pace you need intelligence. barry has this and kolorov is as numb as a piss stone

Like I said if Mancini didnt want him to bomb forward constantly he would be told continually throughout the game, like Johnson gets told constantly when not following the managers orders, when he plays on the flank.

We play a narrow formation, so its Kolarov who offers us the width, with two holding midfielders to fill in the gaps. Its inevitable at times he will get caught beacuse its pretty difficult to predict when the play will break down are whether the opposition will try and exploit the space on your flank.

Kolarov didnt have the greatest game tonight but again got in some excellent positions, sometimes his pass let him down, sometimes he wasnt used and others he was unfortunate (the shot) or let down by the finish (Balotelli straying offside).

He has got a number of assists this year and created numerous chances, hence Mancini still rates him

Ric said:
jayblue said:
Ric said:
Um, I can't. But not quite sure what your point is? Even Barca and Real rotate. Premier League teams don't have a god given right to win every game in Europe.
if micah and cliche wudda played tonight i dont think we'd be having this conversation

I don't think it was purely the full backs who cost us the game tonight. Yaya had one of his poorest games in a City shirt, Dzeko was ineffective, Balotelli looked too eager to please; it was a collectively lethargic performance. I don't thnk changing the full backs would've changed that.
if one of them would have stayed on the near post for the corner then i dont think the first one would have gone in. but i'll agree with you cos im tired and pissed off

28 pages about kolarov and NONE about lescott ?

fantastic.

Mancio said:
28 pages about kolarov and NONE about lescott ?

fantastic.

go on then tell us all how brilliant kolarov was and how bad lescott was....

Ric said:
jayblue said:
Ric said:
Um, I can't. But not quite sure what your point is? Even Barca and Real rotate. Premier League teams don't have a god given right to win every game in Europe.
if micah and cliche wudda played tonight i dont think we'd be having this conversation

I don't think it was purely the full backs who cost us the game tonight. Yaya had one of his poorest games in a City shirt, Dzeko was ineffective, Balotelli looked too eager to please; it was a collectively lethargic performance. I don't thnk changing the full backs would've changed that.

The full backs make a massive difference to how we play. Our back 4 tonight would come last in a Champions League 4 x 100m relay! And last in a 4 x 10m relay! Not one quick player between them, playing against a lightning quick counter attacking team! With our 2 quickest defenders in the stands, makes absolutely no sense!

Also going forward, playing against a back 3, there is always going to be space down the flanks and Zaba offers absolutely nothing going forward. Having Richards overlapping down the right would have allowed Silva to drift inside where he is so effective.

Not playing Richards and Clichy and to a lesser extent Barry and Aguero cost us the game tonight.

Shaelumstash said:
Ric said:
jayblue said:

The full backs make a massive difference to how we play. Our back 4 tonight would come last in a Champions League 4 x 100m relay! And last in a 4 x 10m relay! Not one quick player between them, playing against a lightning quick counter attacking team! With our 2 quickest defenders in the stands, makes absolutely no sense!

Also going forward, playing against a back 3, there is always going to be space down the flanks and Zaba offers absolutely nothing going forward. Having Richards overlapping down the right would have allowed Silva to drift inside where he is so effective.

Not playing Richards and Clichy and to a lesser extent Barry and Aguero cost us the game tonight.
hallelujah. spot on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.