My opinion about Kolarov

Re: The truth about Kolarov

Want to know the truth about Kolarov? Go watch is shift when he came on at Munich when Tevez refused to........ That's all you need to know about Aleks.

I don't think anyone on this forum doubts Aleks' commitment or passion for City but in terms of overall ability he just isn't good enough for where we want to be.

I expected a lot more from him apart from the very occasional free kick. His set pieces in general are very average, he's got no pace, and isn't great defensively.

This is proven by the fact that we have a right footed player in Zabaleta who is better than him at left back.

Says it all really

He's got a wand of a left foot; his driven crosses can be dangerous and his cross for Yaya at QPR from a standing start was exquisite.

I'd do with him what Spurs did to Bale, turn him into a wide left player; we're lacking width and AJ and Kolarov could provide it.

I don't think he's a good enough defender, but i think he could become a real threat further up the pitch.

Mancini knows his qualities and his downfalls he will use one and bolster the other.

We have to support our players regardless and trust management to cut away teh dross as and when.

Sweet left foot, a great crosser although inconsistent, wish him the best.

Forza City

GStar said:
He's got a wand of a left foot; his driven crosses can be dangerous and his cross for Yaya at QPR from a standing start was exquisite.

I'd do with him what Spurs did to Bale, turn him into a wide left player; we're lacking width and AJ and Kolarov could provide it.

I don't think he's a good enough defender, but i think he could become a real threat further up the pitch.

We tried that in the derby last year and it failed miserably, he's nowhere near fast enough to be a winger.

GStar said:

That's the problem though, his wand of a left foot is too few and far between. I agree about the cross for Yaya but think back at all the corners that he's taken that have failed to beat the first man.

The difference between Aleks and Bale is that Bale has pace to burn which is why he's such a threat going forward. With Aleks it seems to take him an age to get forward.<br /><br />-- Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:16 am --<br /><br />
icemanbops said:
Mancini knows his qualities and his downfalls he will use one and bolster the other.

We have to support our players regardless and trust management to cut away teh dross as and when.

Forza City

Every single City supporter wants all the players to be a success. The trouble is he fails to deliver on every occasion apart from the odd glimmer.

For where we want to be, I just can't see Aleks being good enough to come with us. I can't name another top 6 side that would accomodate him in their first 11 each week which is quite bad

icemanbops said:

Forza City

Im a great crosser inconsistently.

GStar said:

Rubbish...................all of it.

GStar said:

Well we agree he is not a good defender. However, with little pace and no tricks to beat a fullback, how on earth will he be a threat further up the pitch.

ANY1aBLUE said:
Rubbish...................all of it.
Well, that was a watertight reply, glad you took the time and effort to put yourelf across so eloquently.

nevilletogoater-in said:
That's the problem though, his wand of a left foot is too few and far between. I agree about the cross for Yaya but think back at all the corners that he's taken that have failed to beat the first man.

The difference between Aleks and Bale is that Bale has pace to burn which is why he's such a threat going forward. With Aleks it seems to take him an age to get forward.

80s Shorts said:
Well we agree he is not a good defender. However, with little pace and no tricks to beat a fullback, how on earth will he be a threat further up the pitch.

I don't think he's (kolarov) as slow as some make out, not Walcott-esque by any means either. Its also not an instant transition, Bale took the best part of 2 seasons at Spurs iirc to sort himself out and was almost sold for peanuts during that time.

He's got talent, there's no harm in trying to harness it in the best way for both him and the team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.