My opinion about Kolarov

Re: The truth about Kolarov

First job for a full back is to defend and stop crosses, he aint very good at it.

carlosthejackal said:
First job for a full back is to defend and stop crosses, he aint very good at it.

piss poor defensively again today

Objectively, he cost us 2 goals, should have cost a 3rd and scored 1.

Simple question: Would Kolorov get in the Arsenal, Chelsea or Rags sides? No.

Great at dead ball situations, its just a pity the ball is in motion most of the time.

The simple facts are as follows:

Kolorov has very little pace and as such is a dream for pacy wingers

He stands off his player so far that he is never in a position to get a block in

He cant tackle and when he does he fouls - hence penalty today

He never overlaps with his wide midfielder to support attacks

Yes he has a shot but only from a dead ball never on the run

If this is what you want from a full back fair enough but I know we can do a lot better than that.

I never shout him down during a game but come on lets be honest he just isnt good enough - Clichy should have been in but Lescott or Zab would have done a better job at left back today

blueskyandback said:

He stands off his player so far that he is never in a position to get a block in

If this is what you want from a full back fair enough but I know we can do a lot better than that.

I never shout him down during a game but come on lets be honest he just isnt good enough - Clichy should have been in but Lescott or Zab would have done a better job at left back today

Utter b*ll*cks.

He may not have pace, but the man puts his body on the line and has cleared a fair few off it, when he's played. He CAN shoot on the run, but the style we have doesn't allow him to do so. Do you see Richards or Clichy having a pop? No. He ALWAYS overlaps, depending on the players we have in midfield dictating the play.

B*tching and moaning cos we lost.

I'll tell you for nothing, this team was designed to be hopeful for a draw. When I saw the team sheet, I knew we'd lose. Not in the way I imagined, but we did.

We're clearly aiming for the shorter route to a Cup and ESPECIALLY whilst we have numbers out.

Next year will be different.<br /><br />-- Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:20 pm --<br /><br />
blueskyandback said:

Utter b*ll*cks.

He may not have pace, but the man puts his body on the line and has cleared a fair few off it, when he's played. He CAN shoot on the run, but the style we have doesn't allow him to do so. Do you see Richards or Clichy having a pop? No. He ALWAYS overlaps, depending on the players we have in midfield dictating the play.

I'll tell you for nothing, this team was designed to be hopeful for a draw. When I saw the team sheet, I knew we'd lose. Not in the way I imagined, but we did.

We're clearly aiming for the shorter route to a Cup and ESPECIALLY whilst we have numbers out.

Next year will be different.

For the life of me I don't understand why he is played as a wing back....

Bigga said:
blueskyandback said:

Utter b*ll*cks.

-- Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:20 pm --

blueskyandback said:

Utter b*ll*cks.

Utter b*llocks, from you, indeed.

How can u say " I knew we'd lose after seeing team sheet"? We still had more than them on paper. Admittedly, Panti in nets was a shock, and Kolarov at left back was even more so. But we should have, and would have, done it with that side.

Alas, Kolarov, despite his goal, has been, and still is, a liability at LB. He is no, and there is no, defence. Full stop. Clichy by far a better LB.

Nasri still not doing it. Others gave their all today.

Don't care what anyone says (rotation included) you play your best side in important games. Although we were reduced in nos we play best 11 today and Wed. A lighter starting 11 at Wigan would suffice...with stronger on bench, if needed.

Disappointed but not disheartened.

Onwards & upwards.

ctid

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.